UHC [Old Thread]

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by RainbowChin, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UHC will NOT be running on October 18th.

UHC should resume on October 25th, if all goes well,with some major upgrades that will alleviate the concerns that lead to the drama, hopefully ending the majority of the issues at their cores. Anti-xray and anti-cheat are on this list as well as a way to control spectating. Drama/rudeness towards others will be monitored heavily and obscene attitudes will be met with mutes, in-game and on the forums as well as result in possible exclusion from future UHC events.

If this doesn't fix UHC, nothing will. This is the final chance for this event on EMC.
  2. Salty beards vs the salty reds perfect
    This is just a joke people as I was reading all this though this was the best picture please don't get angry with me thank you
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. Well then I will be moving all of my mods to a separate folder just to be safe instead of just turning off my minimap or whatever. Can I still use better sprinting? Will there be ANY mods allowed or no? Better sprinting keeps me from having to pummel my "W" key lol. I did move the left ctrl "hold to run" key to "r" which helped when I was trying to diagnose problems with my map last week so if I HAVE to I guess I can do that.
  4. This has to be the funniest shit I've read in a long time. Pardon the language I don't care about. Sadly onr thing you have to realise about the beards is that if we don't like you we'll tell you straight... that may or may not have been my fault... shut up. There are some absolute idiots on this game and yes I'm one of them but oh well deal with it kiddies :* If you want to argue with us then start a conversation with all four beards and write a formal letter addressing everything you believe we have done.

P.S. I don't like reading so if you make it too long I'll just skip it and yell at you anyway :*

-Yours sincerely, Beards.
  5. Or spelling. Or Grammar. Or Tact.
  6. I'm working out a suggestion / idea opinion about UHC but before I can do so I need to get my facts straightened out. I re-read the thread a few times (and also the old thread) but this one confused me a bit, so I'd like to ask you guys:

Do I assume right that the winning team doesn't get any specific benefits on EMC or did I overlook this detail?

And thanks in advance for any anwers :)
  7. The player with the most kills in a month wins a prize supposedly.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. So do that and you won't read it... So what's the point in doing it?...

"Lets be adults! But i'm still not reading it!"
    kaptrix likes this.
  9. See, someone finally gets me!
  10. I don't think too many people will get upset if this is shut down since the two "top teams" very obviously use things that shouldn't be allowed.
    PMSubhan and DubChef like this.
  11. We at red team will be preparing no matter what for next game. If our team is spouting off I want to hear about it. We as a team want to clean up our acts of chaos.
  12. Guys, what is your problem? Why do you jump at each others' necks over this. It's just a damn game. Grow up. I swear, my four year old brother is more mature than all of you at times.
    ShelLuser, HattorisFate and Doofni like this.
  13. oh the irony
    ShelLuser, ShrinkingMatt and DubChef like this.
  14. I didn't even see what happened last game, I've given up on minecraft for a bit for these exact reasons. I just heard thr same old same olf. Oh he was hacking... NO he was hacking...It just goes on and on.

Oh well.
  15. Reading through this thread gave me a good laugh and made my day many times better. :) The drama on this thread is actually coming to a point where it's moderately funny and gave me a good, honest giggle.
    Gawadrolt, DubChef and ShrinkingMatt like this.
  16. I just read through this thread and all I have to say is...

tuqueque likes this.
  17. I don't think anyone is genuinely "mad", it's just that there are certain players that are ruining the fun for those of us that play fairly and not much is being done about it to the point where the number of people playing is dwindling quickly. This was supposed to be a game away from the usual building, mob hunting, grinding, economy, etc that typically goes on.
  18. If the whole goal of the recent changes is to make the game fair for everyone, how about deny the use of other mod: Damage Indicators. It's legal for use on Empire Minecraft and all events (including UHC) but it's a really overpowered mod.

Damage Indicators, for those who are unaware, shows the health of players and mobs in a box on the screen. It's useful for choosing engagements in UHC, getting health info on teammates and opponents, and so on. Like I said; it's very helpful.

So rather than ban that mod, even the playing field by giving it to everyone. All players are free to install and use this mod, but not everyone does. There's a feature that allows a player to see another player's health above their name tag. It's not as good as Damage Indicators, but if we're going for 'equality' here it's a step up.

I found a willing model for this feature on another server:

I don't know if it's possible to accomplish with name tags off. However, the health only appears when you're very close to a player (< 10 blocks or so). Again, two (un)willing models from a game of Skywars:

As I said: health is only visible from a small distance away, and shifting hides health. From over double the distance, Damage Indicators will still pick up the health of enemies:

Opinions?
    PMSubhan likes this.
  19. It's easy to accomplish. I believe it is a scoreboard and not a plugin.
    /scoreboard objectives add health health
    /scoreboard objectives setdisplay belowName health
  20. I don't believe that Damage Indicators should be disabled in the Empire Minecraft UHC events, as it is one of the few modifications that can actually improve your PVP Skills without actually giving you an edge over the other players. If you're saying that Damage Indicators provide the ability to choose your battles, giving you a better chance of winning, you're right. But so does armor, weapons, and your known past abilities would let another player pick battles. Damage Indicators does not provide a big advantage at all over other players, it is just another aspect to the game that allows those who use it to pick their battles, just like analyzing a teams gear and armor would do.

I used to use Damage Indicators in PVP events, and have recently stopped because I had to uninstall all of my mobs because my forge file got messed up somehow, and I haven't noticed any difference in my skill at all.
    Captian_Foxy and PMSubhan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.