Shell's (overdue) long overdue anniversary event

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShelLuser, AyanamiKun & GripCEO present...

Oh, come on G.C, this is ridiculous! :p

Shell's EMC anniversary event...
    ... a "little bit" overdue, but you know what they say: better 2 years late than never, right? :D

WARNING: The delayed event has been delayed :confused:, see this post.

When: When this line changes into a green light line.

This will be the biggest event I've ever hosted, which is easily said because so far I have hardly hosted any kind of event at all :D The event will consist of several events rolled into one: My anniversary treasure hunt for starters and my "follower appreciation event" will also be making a comeback. Next we're also going to be celebrating AyanamiKun's anniversary and we have something special planned for that. And because she liked the idea we'll be combining the follower appreciation a bit. How? Tsk, tsk... spoilers! ;)

Warning: This is also going to be a little bit of a chaotic event. People who know me a bit better can probably tell you that I'm sometimes very sporadic and maybe a little bit (too?) chaotic with some of the things I do. And that will most definitely also have its impact on this event as well :)

Meaning? You'll see ;)

Let's just start with a fair warning / hint: it's not so much whether you win or lose, it's also how you play the game. Courtesy of Aya who has added some very sneaky and cool ideas to this plot twist :)

Prizes?!

Yeah, some of you are mostly in it for the prizes, and rightfully so! But as said, a fair warning.... There will be more than meets the eye here (bonus points for those who remember from which 80's cartoon that quote is coming from).

There will be 4 prize categories (at the time of writing, anything can happen).

The 3 main prizes (1st category) are a little bit personalized and consist of a collection of items which are somewhat special to either AyanamiKun, GripCEO or myself. Basically you'll get a chance to win a goodiebag which somewhat tells you a bit more about the personality who assembled that prize collection.

3rd prize: GripCEO's prize chest

Uhm... Yeah, well... I suppose the starters gear is nice and all, and I'll ask Aya if we can somehow add full stacks of packed ice to make this a little more appealing (just don't tell GripCEO :D).

2nd prize: AyanamiKun's prize chest

I suppose we should call this the shared 1st prize, but Aya and me had to agree to some weird stipulations which were laid out by GripCEO in order to persuade him to participate in selecting his prize chest. So 2nd prize it is :)

1st prize: ShelLuser's prize chest (hey, that's me! ;))

Will you stop with those spoilers GripCEO?!

Subtle hints indeed :D

SO yeah... There's this relation between those guys up there and myself and so we agreed that if you find my chest you'll win all of our heads. It seemed fitting. You'll also win a speedy horse (around 130, I'll double check) with diamond gear and obviously a saddle.

My favourite music disk is Ward so that's in the goodie bag and I also tried to make it look a bit nice as such you'll also find some diamond, gold and emerald blocks in there (at least I think it looks nice).

My all time favourite block in the game so far is the shulker box, I love that one. I'm using it when mining, I'm using it in my creative world, if I help you out with redstone on SMP2 I'll most likely ask about the availability of an Enderchest because... yeah, I use a shulker box there as well as my redstone toolbox.

Yet as you can see there are no shulker boxes in my chest. And didn't I once drop a hint that you could win 2 iron support vouchers in this event?

Yeah... well... This prize room comes with a secret and a little troll :)

The second prize category will be my follower appreciation ;)

How that is going to work? Good question :D

The third category are the random prizes which are going to be dropped and made available throughout the event. Yeah, consider that another spoiler / hint ;)

Promo & special items

Miscellaneous & fun items: some original Tin Foil heads ("staff b gone") are making a return ;)

What promos? Well, I see a rabbits foot in there, that egg is a dasher, turkey slicers & chicken skewers, a mineral mincer, ESCD's, vault & stable vouchers, a RainbowChin PVP head (courtesy of Rundercaster!), mending books donated by Skeletin007, and well...

These 2 chests can be previewed on my main res. (smp2). How to get there? Consider that a first taste of the treasure hunt :D

And the fourth category? Yah, good question! :D

To be continued....
  2. List of confirmed prizes - last update: 3rd of June, 2017
    (in random order, may not be 100% accurate! *)
    • 3x iron support vouchers, 12x vault vouchers, 5x stable vouchers, 9x feast for a king.
    • 12 beacons, 2 nether stars.
    • Dragon stone (3x), Momentus helmet, Blizz Ard's nose (3x), eye & arm (2x), Dasher, Prancer, Chocolate Bunny, Lucky Rabbits foot, Spooky Egg (2x).
    • Pot of Gold (2x), Turkey Slicer, Chicken Skewer (2x), Candy Cane Sword, Liberty Sword (2x), Mineral Mincer (2x), Emergency Snow Clearing Device (2x), Avalauncher.
    • 2016 Birthday cake, celebrating 5 years worth of Empire Minecraft! (2x)
    • Meteor Bow, Cupids Bow (2x), Empire Firework 2015, 2016 Aikar's new years head, Maxarian's head, several stacks of promotional arrows (shiny & cupid).
    • 3 saddles & diamond, gold and iron horse armor.
    • One stack of Emerald, Diamond & Gold blocks. And one stack of Notch apples.
    • The original 'Tin Foil Hat' (6x) made by samsimx (no joke: I bought extra to be used later).
    Donations
    (in random order)
    • 6 Mending books by Skeletin007.
    • Deco_Runder & RainbowChin PvP heads by Rundercaster.
    • 'The Boss' enchanted ('God') sword and one DC of stuff to sort out by Merek_Shadower.
    • Iron supporter voucher, Mineral mincer, 2016 birthday cake (5 years of EMC!!), 1 stack of cupid arrows, Dragon head, 2016 new year Aikar head, Blizz'ards nose and a Liberty sword by CadenMann. :eek:
    • Cupids bow by TuqDufRhySmp8.
    • Cupids bow & 1 stack of Cupid's arrows by ExExUnderscore.
    • WayneKramer's head (5x), An elytra and one stack of diamond, emerald, gold, lapis and iron blocks (one stack each). WayneKramer.
    *All listed prizes will be given away at my event, but there maybe more which I haven't been able to mention yet.

TODO list
    • Place event levers which will open up the keys to the kingdom.
    • Place 232 chests for the Shell & Aya follower appreciation event (in progress).
    • Finish the maze on shelluser-3 (in progress).
    • Set up the wishing well puzzle on Aya's res. (cancelled).
    • Place 'key' sell signs on Aya's res.
    • Connect event levers with the iron trapdoors.
    • If time permits: make the event areas look nice (low priority!).
    Free hint(s)

This will become more obvious once you're allowed onto the event res.

Once upon a time....

There was a Minecraft player who had this idea for an event. But what event should he organize? The player became very nervous every time he started thinking about the whole thing. You see, this player had one small problem: he knew a lot about Redstone and making weird contraptions (which sometimes even worked! :D) but building and designing creative structures.... not so much.

He lived on the Empire and fortunately had many friends who were more than happy to help him out by giving him advice and tips. Which some thought was funny because normally it was the other way around: our player really likes helping others.

So one day our player asked his friends on the Empire "What should I do to celebrate my anniversary?" and they answered: "Why not create a scavenger hunt with puzzles and prizes to find?". Some even gave away some nice things which they wanted the player to have and use in his event.

The player agreed and started building, but unfortunately for him external powers also demanded his attention, often leaving him exhausted after a day of hard labour and demotivated to do any crafting in the mine. Fortunately things did come around eventually and the player re-started his efforts to set the whole thing up.

... this story will continue ;)
  3. Count me in! <skeleton noise> ;)
    Edit: First! <skeleton rattle>
  4. Well dang Shell... All looks so good. I guess this event is now kicked off with a true Shellbang, as usual.
  5. If I am not working that day I will definitely be there.

I is a Shell follower. :eek: Don't ask me why. :p
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. NO
    Tuqueque, Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Yay a Saturday! If my schedule doesn't change I will be able to attend!
  8. I may or may not be there. Congratulations, I guess!
  9. Should be there depending on time of day
  10. I thought for a sec that this was this saturday and was sad cause i would not have been able to go, but now that i know that May =/= March I know it will be awesome! Will surely try to go
    607, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. Very cool event. Not sure if I will be able to attend but good luck to all !!

Congrats on your anniversary Shell :)
  12. Congrats :D I can probably make it
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  13. Sounds fun. Hopefully I can make it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Proboly going to make it, seems really fun
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Hope I can make it!
  16. Hope I can make it! Also the quote "There will be more than meets the eye" if from the 80's cartoon The Transformers!

Note: I'm a geek for these types of things! So that's how I know.

Anyways Congrats Shel! As well as you Aya!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. And a small update (those are better than bumps! ;)).

About the structures

In the mean time I've contacted some of the authors who's work I found on Schematica sites (2 in particular) to ask some things about it and about using it more in public. Yeah, I love the Minecraft community in general. Right now I'm almost done with experimentation, and I expect to start rebuilding these schematics starting next weekend.

Proper credits will be given, but only after (or maybe mid-way) the events.

About the event (a little bit)

Even if you can't be there on the 20th then it doesn't have to mean that you don't get to play at all. Some of the puzzles I've come up with are bound to take some time to solve. And there will be cool prizes giving away during those events as well (I've come up with an awesome drop delayer, still testing it in creative. So: you walk somewhere and a cool prize drops. You go there again and nothing... You keep trying for a while, no go. So then you reach a point where it will become much more profitable to continue and try to find another cool (not recently used) prize dropper instead. Especially when there are more players around ;)

Next player comes along after a longer amount of time (<g>) and wham! They get a cool prize again.

Theory: I wouldn't be surprised if some players will cut their "losses" and take satisfaction with winning a cool prize (promo's will be included) and then try taking on the puzzles another time leaving plenty of room for other players to have a go at it.

About the prizes

The pool is slowly, but steadily, increasing :D
    EnderMagic1 and 607 like this.
  18. Reading all of this has left me quite confused, but that might be the intention. :p
    But I'm looking forward to this! :)
  19. shelly kept talking about forgetting update this week, so imma do it ;)

prize update: we put 1 DC of horses (54) and 1 DC of llamas (54) into prize pool. but im also gonna share some of my own breeds 2 so theres gonna be more.

so u can win horsies & llamas 2! some bad (strength 1 llama) and some good (120 speed horse) ^.^

PS

gripceo chest is filled with full stacks of packed ice now.
    607 likes this.
  20. So an early update this time...

There is a reason why I write these updates. It's not only to keep my event a little bit on the radar, it's also to remind myself to actually do stuff. I've spent quite some time in creative (single player) as well as on my server to try existing designs (schematic files), design stuff myself and of course to test it. Writing a small update every week helps remind me to keep track of my progress until the deadline (= upcoming weekend).

Next week the preparations will officially start and then it's no more fooling around on EMC but actually spend time building instead. I should be able to cope with roughly one month :)

Updates

GripCEO protested, even tried to kill the Eastern bunny to make stew ( :eek: !) BUT... As also explained to GripCEO we have rules to abide to and trying to cook up an Eastern bunny is most likely not appreciated behavior (would someone please think of the children?! :D). So Aya & me had no other choice but to confiscate GripCEO's egg :)

So yeah, if you didn't get a nice goodie then no worries: you have a chance to win one next month in my event.

Beacons and shiny stuff!

In other news Aya & me decided that we're going to "start over" with some or our collections. Right now there's a little bit of a race between us ("Who can collect the most shiny arrows" and "Who can collect the most beacons") but we're resetting some of that.

Meaning: We both agreed to keep 1 beacon and 1 nether star each, the rest goes into the prize pool. So there are roughly 10 beacons (give or take) and 3 nether stars being added. As well as several stacks of shiny arrows and shiny flesh, 2 Blizz noses, arms and eyes (courtesy of Aya), more shulker shells, one stack of notch apples, one stack of emerald blocks, one stack of diamond blocks, one stack of gold blocks.

Most of these prizes will be added to the random droppers. So stuff which you can find during your explorations of my main event res. and some others ;)

And there will be a nice addition to the main prize. Players will also be getting the opportunity to win a copy of my redstone toolbox:

It's a red shulkerbox which I keep in my Enderchest on SMP2, and as you can see it's main usage is to keep a solid collection of redstone materials on me. I use this thing quite a lot so I figured it might make a nice addition.

And that's all for this week, next week more stuff; the heat will be on :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.