Trading with 1.7 villagers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheCritic, Oct 10, 2017.

1. I am looking for 1.7 villagers to trade with.

If you are unfamiliar, here are the details on 1.7 villagers :

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Trading/Before_1.8

Specifically, I am looking for blacksmiths with diamond weapons/tools/armor.

After 1.7, you cant trade for diamond boots, leggings, or helmet, so those are of particular interest.
    Diamond hoe and shovel would be nice too.

I have been told that the best way to find these things is to ask around and make friends. This is the asking around part.

Want to be friends?
  2. I'm sure you already know this, but I have two public 1.7 priests with XP bottle trades (1x emerald = 4x XP bottles) at 16144 (+ee on SMP8). A trading method I've found to be effective is to trade for glowstone when the XP bottle trade locks. :)
  3. So, it has been about a week.

If you are wondering, no kind soul crawled out of the ether, accepted my feeble offer of friendship, and introduced me to their 1.7 villagers.

Still holding out hope :)
  4. Hi there! Just wondering, what happens if you "max out" a 1.7 or pre-1.7 villager? Do you just use another trade to open it again?
  5. For some items, you have the option to enchant over the 1.8 base enchantment.

For instance if the pick has eff-II just put eff-V over it. There is a slightly higher cost.
    1.7 has 10e for a Diamond Pick with no enchantment.
    1.8 has 12e for a Diamond Pick with a small base enchantment.

And yeah, I never realized the other diamond gear was unavailable from 1.8+ villager trades.

Yep, locking mechanics are the same across versions. Just trade on other trades. But note that 1.7 villagers will not generate new 1.7 trades. All new trades added to the villager will be the current version. For instance I have some villagers that have some trades from 1.7 and some from later.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  6. Ah, neat, thanks. :) I assume the same goes for pre-1.7 villagers?

If yes, TheCritic might have someone to try to be friends with... :rolleyes:
  7. Cool! I'll see if I can catch you online :) Maybe ew can be pals :)
    UltiPig likes this.