Time for End Changes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Grimm_Pantalones, May 9, 2021.

1. I looked a bit to try and find a thread already open about this, but didn't see one specifically addressing this topic. Looking for community discussion on if this would resolve problems related to this. Thank you. :)

Topic: The End Waste(s) are far too small for the increased player #s compared to earlier days of EMC.

Solution: Extend the End Waste(s) out to something like 100k in all directions, consider shrinking frontier end so it only goes 10k from the portal ring in the end islands.
    Part 1: This will provide a 2-fold solution. Shrinking the size of the Frontier End(s) that is probably taking up a lot of space, but aren't really being used by many, other than as a secondary place to get shulks/elytra since End Waste(s) are so small and get depleted right away.
    Part 1a: When shrinking the frontiers SS or whoever would be responsible would just need use a world edit tool to assess chunks that have > X blocks placed by players (say 1000) to ID the rare player end base. Just making sure something like a 20k limit out from islands wouldn't destroy player structures.

Part 2: The End Waste 'cycling'. Being large (even if they'd be 50k in all directs), they'd still want to be reset often for space/performance, and repopulating shulk/elytra sources. Set a hard cycle of something like every other month or quarterly. It won't destroy prices for these loots, as demand is high and it still requires a lot of manual effort to raid cities, so there isn't a concern here.

Again, in my relatively short time on EMC I've seen issues related to this: a single person can basically raid a whole end waste in like 3-4hrs if they're efficient; then that doesn't get reset for quite some time. So End frontiers are the de facto places for many to raid for end city goodies, but the distances to travel to find unraided cities (since they don't get reset or repopulated) is starting to get pretty crazy. Like far enough out that you're smart to bring 2-3 elytra or a shulk of XP btls for needed mending since you don't always get enough from killing shulks.

Thoughts?
    Egeau and Fred_TWK like this.
  2. I strongly agree.
    Also because I have the feeling people go around to grab all the elytras they can, so new players are forced to buy one, as there aren't any in the world to find.
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  3. +1 for both.

I don't know how the EMC developement has handeled this, but I know that, in the vanilla game, file size is a large contributer to lag, and keeping your world file size small is quite usefull to prevent it. Making the Frontier ends a lot smaller would, of course, do just this.
    I don't think there are any end bases more than 25K blocks out, though this should, of course, be carefully researched first, and all people with placed blocks further out than that should have plenty of time to move all their stuff back.

As for the Wasteland enlargement: I really don't know why this hasn't been done before. Shulkers are among the most usefull items in the game, and, when playing normally, any player is expected to get at least a double chest of shulkers in the End-game when playing vanilla minecraft. The fact that a DC of shulkers would be over 100Kr on EMC, making it something most people can only buy after their first year, is just redicullous, and makes this server have a clear shortage of shulkers as compared to singleplayer or some other servers.
    The price wouldn't drop that far, probably, I don't think the prce of a shell will get below 500r, but the extra availebility to just go out to the frontier and get your own shulkers for new players seems rather important and usefull. The price drop, though it probably won't be by much, would help with this needed extra availability, too, of course.
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  4. Actually, this was just brought up in an April thread by another member:

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-the-end-world-frontier-suggestions.84450/

Similar discussion of what to do?

There are a couple of players who have dedicated End Bases claimed in the Frontier - notably ofc would be AncientTower. And some spawn builds for public use, but those are usually relatively small in nature, compared to the End size. Other than making sure those areas get saved...