THEY BROUGHT MINECRAFT TO SCHOOL!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wonderwoman_16, Oct 6, 2015.

1. If only my school hadn't such a strong firewall... I would be on EMC all day :p

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing :D
    tuqueque likes this.
  2. You could VPN it but I doubt they'd like it if they saw it.
  3. Well, it's only gonna be 45-1 hour..
  4. My school doesn't allow games of any sort (unless they are on coolmath.com or any other unblocked website). At least my library has Minecraft installed. They even have their own server (though its on 1.7.9 and the staff are a bit immature)
  5. I know of quite a few schools that allow playing of Minecraft.. :p ..I also know of a few classes between K-12 and beyond in the United States, that use it as a teaching tool. Heck, there are even a plethora of educational mod, including qCraft, a mod about quantum entanglement written by Google, that is also compatible with the MinecraftEdu client (a project written by teachers for teachers to actually bring minecraft into classrooms).. :3 ..Both of these projects are officially supported and endorsed by Mojangsoft as well.. :p
  6. You're allowed to use the 3d printer? :eek:

Anyway, when we still had a, as you call it, "library", sometimes when we had made a lot of tests or something and wanted to do something fun, we'd play UHC together. Of course, they tried to block things, but I've outsmarted our school's ICT often enough :p
    (but that's a story I probably shouldn't put here publicly, as I might've accidentally broken some things...)
    TsuriNeko likes this.
  7. I go to one of the top international schools (no college) in the world, if you would like to look it up it's called Singapore American School. Our library has 3d printers. Not to brag, but we have 3.
  8. Nice! You can use "Lan" to play with friends!
    607 likes this.
  9. Well, they don't really care if I play outside of lessons. Might look into VPN a bit.
  10. We're allowed to use our 3D printers as long as we pay $5 for the plastic we use. We can use all that stuff: the laser engraver, the 3D printer, the wood engraver... Etc. I've made a set of pokeball coasters with the laser engraver and it costed $10. :p
    607 likes this.
  11. When I play, I make sure I have enough for a build then figure out what to place where. You can certainly add some simplistic algebra into minecraft.
    Like so... 4x=256 Find x (If your lazy then this is a log ->Plank equation)
    Or we can be a little more interesting

You are needing 76 pistons, write a equation that will give you a exact amount of logs needed. Then Solve..

So if your wanting it easy, you can just type 76*3 in your handy calculator then divide by 4 but this is wanting a equation of finding EACH piston costing each log so....

We know of the equation 4x=w

Pistons cost 3 planks per craft so we will be ultimately seeing the difference between planks and logs.
    4x=3(p) This is the equation Your first part of your problem you needed to figure out

With that said, if we plug in 76 in p for pistons...

3(76)=4x

228=4x

We Divide and balm

x=57
    It will take 57 logs to make 76 pistons.
    TsuriNeko likes this.
  12. That's nice! I should ask sometime, but I don't really know what to print :p
    Perhaps I could design a video game character figure or something. Or download a miniature of one of my friend's builds using Mineways. But that probably won't look too good using only blue.
  13. Basically 1/3 in my school like minecraft wait even less
  14. Wow, 1/3 would be very much :p
  15. Sounds like a Year 7 problem and not a Minecraft problem.
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH and Alyattayla like this.
  16. I've seen people print a phone dock and a functional pokeball (not including spring) =P
    607 likes this.