The weirdo from the northern Europe, The Finn

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bissela, Feb 17, 2019.

1. It has been almost 2 months since I joined the empire, so it’s time to introduce myself…:rolleyes:

Before EMC and Minecraft, I was very active member at the sims2 forum, owned by MikeInside. On that forum, I witnessed 3 couples that met on the forum and got married, 2 of them overseas and continents. One couple is still my friend at Facebook. :)

After that forum got quiet, I found Minecraft from YouTube, through one sims2 player, don’t remember the name, but he was playing some weird block game with friends and building redstone circuits. I was hooked. I wanted to try that game. So, I first downloaded the game, but 2-3 days later I bought the game and after 5 days playing single player worlds, I started to look for a Finnish server and found my future MC home, Pohjankaivos. It was only for “adults”, 18+ years old, mostly…there where 2-3 members under 18, but they where considered as adults as how maturely they acted online. Reason for the 18+ age limit was that the chat on the server got “mature” from time to time. ;)

After that serve got quiet (see the pattern?? :D ), I found this place, this massive place. Main reason for me to join EMC was the economy system that EMC have, it’s very similar economy system the they have at the Pohjankaivos. So, EMC is my second MC server that I have played on (if you don’t count in one private small group server that my friend from Pohjankaivos have), but for public servers, EMC is the second one. But from time to time, I login to the Pohjankaivos server and check what is going on there.

For IRL, I work as a truck drive and I’m driving a garbage truck. :p But I’m planning to start my own company as a driver. Not in the waste removal, but for a company that delivers and cleans work clothes and carpets. I have been working for them as a hired driver before, so I’m familiar with the work they do. For that reason, I’m educating myself to be a self-employed company owner and my day schedule is for next 5 weeks, 1 week done: 06:00-14:00 driving a garbage truck, 14:00-16:00 eat, 16:00-21:00 evening school :D So, I might not be playing MC so much in the coming weeks. :p
    I also have certification from carpentry, pluming and computer technology. Plus educating myself to be self-employed company owner, I’m also studying to be a wood designer at the university of applied science. But only on the weekend, 2-3 weekends per month.:rolleyes::D

Engaged to my soulmate, met her through dating site: chatted wither her for a month, drove over 500km to meet and date her, 2 weeks later she took a plane to stay at my place, 2 weeks from that, I stayed at her place for 2 weeks on my work holidays and after that, 4 weeks later I packed my stuff and moved over 500km to live with her. Been living together for almost 5 years now.:cool:

So, there’s some info about me. :)
    If you want to know more, just ask. I try to answer if I can…:rolleyes:

PS: at the game chat, I’m usually mostly quiet, because English is not my native language.:(
    PSS: That was a long one.:p
  2. Welcome to the Empire Minecraft :)
    It's always nice to see I'm not the only one who has the tendency to write essays whenever possible :p

For you post scriptum on the English langue: You'll learn. I am Dutch myself, but basically fluent in English by now. Something like youtube or a server like this can really help getting a better feel for a langue, as you're more submerged in it than, for example, a school class. Grammer is learned on school, but speed is learned by sipely writing listening and reading a lot. :)
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. welcome to EMC, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. It took me three years to "introduce myself" so your really not all that late... :rolleyes:
    Welcome to the Empire Bissela! :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Hello there! Welcome to the Empire :)

If you have any questions, lemme know! I would be happy to help you find answers :D The best thing about EMC is the friendly community, and I'm glad that you've joined it.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  6. This has been one of my favorite intros - welcome to the family :)
    MoreMoople, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  7. That was indeed a long one. :D Cool though, it's got an upbeat vibe to it! I've got to love the amount of emoticons too. ;)
    To me it's nice to hear that you have been active on another forum; I hope that means you might get active here too? :D
    3 months after getting to know her moving permanently over a distance of 500km... that is impressive! :eek: May you be happy together. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Welcome to EMC! As always, beware of Smp8 ;)
    Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  9. Welcome to EMC. I play the sims 3 or 4 once in a while, but each time I play it goes the same way. I marry into wealth, allow my partner to "accidentally" die and move onto my next victim partner.

Shush, don't mention smp8, new players might visit to see what they are to beware off. Then it's too late for them.
  10. I'm curious, what is your native language, if not english?
    I think you did a great job writing the intro in english!
  11. Finnish, I assume. ;) But who knows, maybe not!
  12. Sorry for late answer, been busy with school. But now I’m off from work for 2 days on a sick leave (my wisdom tooth got sore and they got 3 roots out, 1 remained, the pain was too much at that point :( )

Maybe, if I have the time. Work and school is priority at the moment.

Almost 5 years now and going strong.:D

Redstone machinery?? ;)

Hmm, I have my own outpost @ smp8….but you never know….

Heh, I have my outpost @ smp8. :p

There are 2 official languages here, Finnish and Swedish. I’m Finnish. 5% of the population speaks Swedish as their native language. And here is a town / village where people speak better and cleaner Swedish then in Sweden. :D
    Raaynn, MoreMoople and 607 like this.