The Stream Team is Under NEW Management

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Intentional.
  2. So we can't use our voices for EMC videos if we are under 18?
  3. In order to use voice, you will have to sign something. In order to sign that, you must not be a minor. In the USA, a minor is defined as under 18.
    fBuilderS likes this.
  4. I know I'm playing the devils advocate right now but...

Here in Holland we have the same legal definitions, however... It is possible for a parent or legal guardian to sign an agreement with their child(ren) in order to give their consent and also to accept legal responsibility should something flakey happen.

I'm well aware of the administrative overhead this can cause, but still wanted to mention it.
  5. We know of that, but have decided it is far less of a problem to just have those under 18 not use voice.
    Gawadrolt, SirTah and ShelLuser like this.
  6. I'm under 18, and I record EMC let's plays on my channel with narration. Would I have to make a video without narration just for the submission, or would all my videos have to be like that?
  7. All of this sounds great - my little one lives on YouTube and MC - he will appreciate more Minecraft content. And since no one else has piped up - welcome to the thread Erose - being summoned implies good stuff to come. I think we all look forward to your contribution. And of course, congrats Jack - make it happen!!! :cool:
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  8. Streaming for the official EMC channel is the issue with the narration.
    For submission, we're looking for what that would be so no narration please.
  9. Ah ok. So for EMC channel videos, I can't talk. On my channel, narration is fine (except for the example video).
  10. Please do!
  11. Grats Jack, ima get better too so we can make some cool vids together! ;p
  12. In the United States, An adult cannot record a minor's voice without a guardians permission. You own your channel and you record yourself. That's fine. I'm pretty sure Jack doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting parental permission from minors. If you want you could do other things on the channel (that is what the 'Under 18 and not going to use voice' is for) such as make build showcases, or something related to that (cant think of any on top of my head :p).
  13. If you're under 18, there is still definitely tons you can get involved with - cinematics, asset creation (if that's your sorta thing), narrative planning for promo videos, filming promo videos (or being part of the cast), probably backend stuff of bigger streams if you wanna have a go at that, and all sorts of other stuff. Yeah, we can't do voice stuff, but LP content isn't the only stuff that's gonna be made. :D
    Kytula likes this.
  14. Ah man, now I want to join stream team...just 45 dollars and I can submit my response >_>
  15. wat. Why 45 $?
  16. Wow. Of all the things for minors to be denied this is by far the most ridiculous.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. To get service on my phone...
  18. Why would you need a phone to make and submit a video? :confused:
  19. Fixed it for ya, or I might have worded it out wrong, idk...

This shows what you need for phone service to do...(Monetizing doesn't need this, woops :p)

And here shows my status

And here under longer videos, the kicker of the bucket. Automated call or a text message.