The story of Marriage Fish

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SoccPuppet, Apr 6, 2020.

1. As a relatively new member, the old tale of Marriage Fish is always a mystery to me. Could anybody that's familiar with this thing tell me what is it? Thanks in advance!
    UltiPig and AyanamiKun like this.
  2. it's the most evil thing ever devised by SMP8! :mad:

u see, when some1 throws such a fish at u ur married to them. just like that! :eek:

fortunately I came up with a solution ^.^ The cactus of divorce! :D
    • plant ur cactus somewhere
    • tell the peep who married u to jump into the dc (divorce cactus, but we'll call it DC ^.^)
    • instant results!
    doesn't work 2 well in town though... :rolleyes:
  3. you are my wife now
  4. <throws 2 cacti @ doggie>

Bad doggie! :p
  5. From my recollection, the person who came up with it was SeffyChan, not long after item renaming was implemented into the servers. She renamed a ton of uncooked fish "you are my wife now", and throw them at unsuspecting victims before running away
    Mr_Fuzzlewuzzle likes this.
  6. KatydidBuild likes this.
  7. Seffychan (now LittleRobotSeffy) renamed a bunch of fish "You Are My Wife Now" and gave them to random people.

She started doing that at least 7 years ago... and then the trend got more popular in 2015 and continued to spread across all of SMP8. There were these "marriages" that took place in the town or at the cathedral in the wilderness. You can see below that there were some notable people there.

Like a lot of trends, there was some opposition... :p

The message you get from typing /smp8 in-game was a result of this.
  8. I personally thought the whole marriage fish thing was stupid. A few people tried to toss some at me to say I was bound to them but I threw it back in their face. The concept does not earn any rupees therefore not worth the time.

EDIT: Smp8 Spawn should be reverted since it is a bothersome view to see countless name tags through the blocks on my spawn residence.
    ShelLuser and AlexC__ like this.