The SMP2 skin comp - report!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Hi gang!

Some of you actually spotted my status update. And some of you couldn't make it. So for those who couldn't make it here is the special report :D

The SMP2 skin competition! Report

(with special thanks to UltiPig for the idea, we'll ship a goodie your way too soonish!)

Someone once said (gee, I wonder who ;)): "We hardly see many skin competition ads" and I we think he was fully on the mark. The weekend started a bit early for me so surely we should be able to set something up. One special thing demand: I wanted something different: goodie bags! So here's what Aya & me came up with:

Aya busy adding stuff for the 3rd prize :)

One box for every winner. And you get to keep the box too! Of course I would be the one who removed & gave it to you (you don't get a build flag ;)), but it's the idea which I like so much: you get to preview the goodie bag and then also get the goodie bag. And I mean all of it!

... if you win of course ;)

Aya helping me to set everything up.

So what were the prizes you ask? Well, didn't I already show you? ;)

Oooh, what was inside the box you meant? First prize won an Elytra (fully enchanted), second prize won a nether star and 3rd prize a vault voucher. And all winners also got a golden apple, feast for a king and chorus fruit & flowers. It isn't called a goodie bag for no reason :p

But... there was trouble! :eek:

Ayups, Aya & me got into an argument before starting all this :mad:

"u always favor girl skins b/c every1 does, thats why most ppl use girl skins now". Well, me favouring girl skins? naaah. or... maybe... well, you got to admit they do often look cute ;)

And so Aya decided that if a boy (skin) was to get into the top 3 (she also had her say in the judgment!) that he should win a runner up prize "as compensation for my obvious bias". Err, wait, what? :D

And the winners were...

We really tried to be fair, but in the end it's all about personal preference I suppose. BUT... I'm cooking something up with that :D It's all in creative now and once I set up a rough concept I'll be asking some of my friends to test :)

Anyway...

1st prize: Teekles, 2nd prize: Skeletin & 3rd prize: Kami!

Congratulations to all the winners, and onto the next skin competition! :)
    607, UltiPig, lottie1664 and 2 others like this.