The Smoothie Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MoreMoople, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Heya everyone! I've started making smoothies lately, so here's a thread to discuss everything involving smoothies. :D

What kind of smoothies do you like? I enjoy blueberry, strawberry, banana, and mango smoothies with chia seeds and granola. :)

(Not my pic, just visually pleasing smoothies)
    We3_MPO, Scuffers, 607 and 5 others like this.
  2. Green tea matcha smoothie
    (ofc it isn't my image)
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  3. I was going to say, wow!, you really go all out on presentation but then I saw it wasn't your pic. 🙂

I like a blueberry and banana smoothie. The blueberries naturally thicken it so I have no problems eating it with a spoon.
    607, W1therRex and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Are milkshakes ice cream smoothies? o.(o)
  5. Good timing on this thread as I have a picture of my own.. lol. My go-to smoothie is a strawberry banana. Get some greek yogurt, milk, and your favorite frozen fruit and you're ready to go. (grilled cheese bonus)

farmerguyson and MoreMoople like this.
  6. I think dates and bananas make for a good smoothie. It'll need just enough water added to make it mix in the blender.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  7. Strawberry banana smoothie with granola and chia seeds. Certainly not as photogenic as some of the smoothie pics online, but it tastes good! :D
    We3_MPO, 607 and Decay_ed like this.
  8. I'm living dorm life, and have a limited access to the ingredients I'd usually use for my smoothies... I'll get a list of what I do have access too, and ask for recipes!
  9. What is a smoothie?

MoreMoople likes this.
  10. 80g strawberries
    100g yoghurt
    150ml full fat milk
    30g protein powder
    Blend until smooth

10am at work type beat
    MoreMoople likes this.
  11. Yesterday's smoothie was mango blueberry with a couple of strawberries. :D
  12. Today I have a strawberry smoothie with granola! We ran out of the other fruit, but it's still pretty good. :)
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  13. I've never tried granola in a smoothie. Do you end up eating it with a spoon? You have a sraw in the cup but doesn't it plug up?
  14. It's really good with granola! Adds a little bit of sweetness and texture. I have been eating it with just a straw and it hasn't plugged it up so far -- it blends fairly well. :)
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.
  15. Oh! I thought I'd posted here before, but I must have been very short on time or something like that. :p
    Because while I have very little experience with smoothies, I did have a sip of one a few weeks ago. I was with the board of my study association (of which I am barely not a part; long story :rolleyes:) and one of them had a green smoothie but she didn't know what was in it. We all tasted it, but we couldn't really agree on what it was. :p I was reminded of pesto, but that might've been a mistake, as I actually don't have too much experience with pesto either. I heard spinach and kiwi suggested as well. I'm not quite sure if anyone ended up finding out what the contents actually were. :p
    MoreMoople likes this.
  16. It could have been nade with Kale. That is a very popular ingredient.
    I really only like fruit, and now possibly granola, in my smoothies. I prefer to get my nutrients from vegetables the old fashioned way, cooking them as part of a meal. I know, I'm not hip. 🙂
  17. Wow, I don't think I knew boerenkool (which is a vegetable much at home in Dutch cuisine) was called kale in English. Yes, this is a likely ingredient and it was probably named by some of us. I had forgotten about it, thanks!
  18. You know what? When the "feels like" tempetature is 104 f, it's time to make a smoothie. Today I made a blender full with frozen strawberries, sugar and milk.
  19. Starting my day off with a banana and mango smoothie with chia seeds! Smoothie Saturday, woohoo! :D
    607, Tuqueque, Sefl and 2 others like this.
  20. Since covid summer I started eating a lot of açaí in my home - and make açaí bowls :) the other day I switch and made it more liquid as a smoothie; it had:

blue berries, 1 banana, açaí, a bit of almond milk, and a spoon of peanut butter. Delicious 😋

No pictures but I’ll make one tomorrow so will upload then :)
    MoreMoople likes this.