The problems of Krysyy, Aikar and how EMC is run.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by _REMOVED_87055, Oct 27, 2019.

1. I agree. I wish there was an easier, better, more efficient process, maybe even one so SS could save, copy, and paste our outposts to their new locations. I understand this would break any structure built around a spawner (dungeon or mineshaft), guardian grinder, iron farms, or witch farms and so forth and may include intricate red stone systems like sorters. Things of that nature that wouldn’t align with the new location would have to be redone, or cancelled altogether, unless the spawners were replaced as compensation. In my opinion if that were an option, it beats being reset to square one. I don’t think that will be on the table though. Even structurally this would have a multitude of complaints and complications.

I have been on the Games Server, and although I have seen things hosted on it, I believe it took away from the other servers. I had hoped at first it would introduce an alternative style game mode. I know it’s been dismissed and for good reasons I’m sure, but it’s great to have alternatives nevertheless. Not everyone is in favor of that, but it doesn’t make a point any less valid. I use to love Mob Arena on Smp5, and some friendly PvP on Smp6. I think firefloor was on Smp1? Anyway I don’t have any hate with regards to the choices made. What’s done is done. Focus on what we can do it about it. 👋
    ThaKloned likes this.
  2. Man... does this thread make me sad.

Burki...
    I thought you were better than this man! You were one of my favorite staff members! Now criticizing admins?

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it really makes me sad.

I think Krysyy and Aikar are great admins (not to mention people). Sure, they've got some flaws, and sure, maybe a couple more admins would lower some of the load.

But you don't make your point by screaming it at people, bro. :(

I'm not sure of what else to say.
    I'm just disappointed, frankly. Really disappointed.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. That would work even going from the block ids of 1.12 to the new ones in 1.13?
  4. I feel like this merging smps idea would be better off in its own thread. There are probably people that would like to contribute to discussion of that idea, but are not interested in, or fed up with, this thread.
  5. I get all of you guys are heated and I was too. I yelled I got angry and what did it fix? NOTHING! If you want change then be able to suggest it in a way that does not come across as being a jerk. I get Krysyy has made some mistakes and I guarantee all staff have made mistakes now, Krysyy's may be more of a personal nature but still she is HUMAN I get that she shouldn't be able to use that for everything but I know that all of us at some point in time have gone to a friend/ family member and been like "This person is so annoying I wish that they would just leave me alone". It's HUMAN nature to do that. I think what we really need instead of this is more people applying for mods, more players hosting events, start letting players host some bigger event(ie: MobArena FireFloor) I know some of these changes are gonna be hard, but change is never easy. I would rather it be hard to change than impossible to survive. So ALL of you guys, STOP attacking people and actually go out and try to make change yourselves. Start talking to players maybe make a petition or something for a new event you want, start greeting any new players when they join.(I know some do this but we all should.) The staff get attacked for all the bad crap they do but we write off all the good things as part of their job. Lets actually try to make change here guys
  6. Hey stny,
    I didn't enjoy making this thread either, but I felt like it had to be done so that members could really get a grasp of how poor EMC is being run behind the scenes.

More admins will not happen, I dont think any of the SS wouldn't be capable of doing it however I'm not sure if any have enough time to devote to it. Also the suggestions of relacing Krysyy should be ignored unless we want aikar as the only admin

I'd like to think my point was pretty civilised, I dumbed down the message I sent to Krysyy privately.

Make of it as you will, if people hate me for this then I have no problem as long as I open the eyes of others.

All the best, Burki
    TheBeansyKiraboo likes this.
  7. Alright, I've been watching this from the sidelines, and I think it's fair to say this thread accomplished what it set out to do. We've raised a lot of good points here, and those may be better suited to become their own threads focused on solving those items, rather than being mixed in with the (perfectly valid) emotions.

I'm glad to see that the name-calling and general hostility has died down. And I respect all participants that were able to discuss in a civilized manner, regardless of where they started. As such, I vote to close this thread.
  8. I would love to second but at this point I think we need to see end result of what this results in
  9. I know I said I wouldn't post again, but I stand solid by my posting from last night. My only beef with the server was addressed within pages 2-6, long before "the gates of hell" opened on this thread yesterday. We're all tired of drama and I'm sure we'd all love to move on with our lives, yeah?

I've seen this happen in the past, everyone lobbing personal attacks at each other. Seeing a repeat, (yes, I'm talking about Finch's thread) is very concerning, as I fear the fallout from this thread remaining open could be more devastating than it was with Finch's in 2017... With that being said, unless someone has some new substantive concerns to bring to the staff's attention, this thread accomplished it's sole purpose that it was created for, and I think this thread needs to be closed now.

otherwise I can see a repeat of late 2017 happening again on this exact thread, and I doubt it will be pretty... ._.
  10. It seems like we're all finally getting together on this. Lets put the past behind us, let bygones be bygones, and fix EMC together. What happened yesterday was totally out of hand, and seemed so because the same people were coming back to throw around hot garbage at other just for the sake of it. I do not think the thread should be closed, or deleted, because trying to erase the past will only ensure that it will happen again. We can learn from the past, and in doing so, make way for the future.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  11. I disagree, mainly because I've seen this happen in the past. They left Finch's thread open for over 10 pages. Needless to say... things got way out of hand... The first page or two were based on the thread's main purpose, but... pages 2 - 12 were nothing but personal attacks among each other. Only when it got to page 12, did staff finally decide to close it... I fear that this thread may suffer the same, but in a much different way..

I'm willing to alter my original claim and be flexible, IF AND ONLY IF, things can stay based on substantive concerns than personal attacks.

However... I feel that if the personal attacks begin again, this thread should be locked. No questions asked. This thread has already been through more than the original purpose it was meant for...

(Threads are rarely deleted, if at all. I doubt they will ever delete this, as you can still find threads from 2012 on this site.)
    CompaqDisc likes this.
  12. Who I am sided with. I didn't have a side before I saw that screenshot.
  13. You know me and how I build. Ain't no way my stuff is fitting in a schematic :p
  14. What screenshot?
  15. Just look at the earlier pages. Let's not bring this up again.;)
    607 likes this.
  16. Please back up in the thread and find this. I'd rather us not digress again when we were on the verge of conclusion.
    607 likes this.
  17. Page 11
  18. I think it's a bit hasty discussing closing this already. Although we have had 18 pages, it's only been open for a day and a bit and I'm sure there's still people who would want to give their opinion/feedback
    Otus_NigRum, 607 and TheBeansyKiraboo like this.
  19. But for the most part, how much deader can the horse get?