The official Destiny thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nosnhojhtiek, Mar 28, 2020.

1. (I’m a just a little bit suprised this hasn’t come up yet on the forums) So basically, Destiny is a first person shooter where you play an undead soldier dude, or a “guardian”, who has to protect humanity’s last safe city from evil aliens after a surge of dark energy (I guess? Never really thoroughly explained) sweeps the solar system and kills people. This is how I explain the plot in my own words. IMDB explains it like this: Years in the future, a group of space-born humans fight to remove the Earth of alien invaders. I have been playing destiny 2 for quite some time (3/4 years). The game has a social hub, located in a tower on the walls of humanity’s last safe city. The player can use their ship to travel to different locations throughout the solar system (including the tower hub) and kill bad guys with guns, bows, swords, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, fiery sledgehammers, etc’. The entire game is online, with each player being a guardian, but there is a pvp mode called “the crucible” where people obviously kill each other instead of bad guys, for “live fire training” purposes. The game is actually pretty fun and super addictive, with all the gameplay mechanics and repeatable public events and such. The game has seasons, just like games such as fortnite, which bring new seasonal content for players to enjoy. My only problem with this game is its tendency to put grindy mechanics in places where they shouldn’t be. With all that being said, I will leave this supposedly new knowledge out for reading and discussion. Nosnhojhtiek out!
  2. My problem with Destiny is that if you dont play for a few days or even a week you fall bahind and it is nearly impossible to catch up. Another issue is RNG, they fixed the rng issue when they went from D1 to D2- but I feel rng still plays a critical role in the game.

My favorite part of the game is the raids- I remember in D1 how many times I ran Vault of Glass trying to get the fatebringer handcannon (lets just say that since you could run 1x on each character I ran it 3x a week for like 5 months before getting the fatebringer- my rng luck is aweful), although one time I had good rng was when I got the Gjallahorn rocket launcher the first week they released vault of glass hard mode- back when it was the most OP weapon in the game lol.

I am super behind as I havent even played since November (didn't even do the raid that was released, not sure if another has been put out or not). Likely won't pick up the game again until either a new expansion that will allow me to catch up fairly easy is out or D3 is out.
  3. Bump. There’s gotta be more destiny fans on here, right?
  4. Yeah. That's my biggest issue and it's why I dropped the game.

D1 was completely different IMO; each DLC there was a specific goal, or at least I think; TDB was Crota, HoW was Skolas, and of course TTK was Oryx.

I never thought I'd be saying this but nowdays there's just an overwhelming amount of content, but most of it really doesn't have any meaning to it. I don't feel the sense of pure pride I did from beating raids on D1, I just feel a "oh, I beat it" kind of thing.