THE NEW XBOX 1

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gadget_AD, May 21, 2013.

1. Here's a better way to say it;
    It's not going to be as successful as it could because it requires a fee to play used games.
  2. I read this thread simply because of your name.

Also, i think i will stick to the 360 for now. Thank you very much.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. It will be, it's the new xbox (one of the most successful video game consoles along with the PS's and nintentdo consoles). It's microsoft, they are currently just rumors anyway, if this feature is implemented it could harm it's chances of being successful but not by much, what i'm trying to say is a lot of people will buy it anyway regardless of this feature.
  4. Honestly, I think that not as many people will like and actually buy the Xbox One as Microsoft suspected and people will just stay with the 360.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. Oh and yeah a lot of games companies already do that now anyway *Cough* EA *Cough* :p (For online content anyway)
  6. Eh, look at the uproar that the PS3 made when it didnt (except for a few models) have backwards compatibility.
  7. Microsoft computers wouldn't be cheaper if they weren't actually pieces of junk. A Mac desktop costs over 1000 dollars, while a windows desktop costs 500 dollars.
  8. Not exactly. Whith the new google chrome book, Microsoft and google are in a fierce rivalry to take the runner up spot.
  9. And both would have the exact same specs. One would be in a pretty white case though.
    mba2012, Gadget_AD and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. Hey, my fully functional and powerful gaming PC is in a white case! *rage* :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. *starting new thread to argue the Microsoft vs Mac point.
  12. As far as I know, Mac computers can't really be upgraded either, unlike desktops with Windows on them. I don't think Microsoft makes computers either, just Windows, which is an OS.
  13. *Jumps with joy* I was just starting to get bored too!:D
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Not true. The macs are faster, lighter and more energy efficient than windows.

EVERYONE PLEASE CONTINUE THIS ARGUEMENT IN THE NEW THREAD.
  15. The systems are very similar but like other people said earlier xbox is more hard to handle because of the controllers which sounds quite accurate I've played both but I still favor playstation due to graphics and gameplay
  16. I personally will be buying the new Xbox console. However, E3 will determine the time frame in which I buy it.
    superg64 likes this.
  17. The reason this wasn't so "exciting" is because this conference / reveal wasn't designed to target gamers.

"Oh, the biggest game conference of the year is coming up in a few weeks, let's leave no surprises and just not show up"

They attempted to attract a non-gaming audience. It is a VERY attractive system even for those who aren't interested in the games.

The "fee" for downloading used games is to help developers and microsoft make more money. This profits off of pirating as one game can be used free one time, the rest still have to pay. The fee won't be large, as thousands of the microtransactions will end up making them plenty of money. I expect the fee to be around $1 - $3. Not that much money.

The big "wow-factor" will be coming at the E3 conference. I think this was a ploy to make people un-interested, see opinions, make final changes, and then release the system with a huge bang. Microsoft is good at marketing, and this was too "non-gaming" oriented to be their big thing.
  18. PS4 has Gaikai. Xbox One does not.
    It's a close competition, but out of the competitors, PC is best.
    mba2012, Pooploser912 and jkjkjk182 like this.