The New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagles. We need Eagles.
    One-headed or two-headed. Bald or Crested.
  2. You actually can't say the land is yours though...anyone can be on it...
  3. Eagles. Understood.
  4. :confused:
  5. That is humour.
  6. I personally won't be claiming any land, all land part of the New Republic is subject to Neorepublican law. There might be some restrictions in force for foreigners entering Neorepublican territory outside of Town.

Eagles aren't required. I disagree with that, it's too American, we're creating an entirely new national identity.
    What you have is good, maybe pitch that against a light blue field and put it in a white hexagon or something? Further collaboration shall be done, we'll use that as the starting point :)
  7. This is a legitimate question: If the outpost were very far from Town, say maybe 1 million blocks, would we be allowed to use lava walls? I know they wouldn't really be necessary, and anyone willing to travel 1 million blocks would probably be able to get around the lava walls, but would they be allowed?
  8. It would hinder expansion, and might alienate people. Moderate use would do well in aesthetic circumstances, but don't expect a lava wall around the entire place.
  9. I need to clear thing up, so get ready for a wall of text

As many of you know, I attempted to build a Downtown, and later, a massive modern district in the llo. Upon rage quitting for various reasons, i decided to make the project its own outpost. This is the continuation of the project.

This thread to to advertise for workers, we are leveling the land that we will build on. that land will then be zoned into Residential, shops, High rise, or industrial.

We need an army of workers for the project, pm me if you are interested.

More to come later
  10. lol you've got L0tad now. You've been warned. ;)
  11. I am in charge of the operation...72 Works for me
  12. And I'm in charge of public relations aren't I?
  13. Applauding with tears in the eyes is simply not enough for that description of capitalism, but still

th_tumblr_lqb21wrfDZ1qze8f7.gif

About the project, it sounds very ambitious and like something that either changes the world (Wild) and rewrites history or something that leads the world (Wild) to war and makes it become history xD

I like how very well organized it seems, but most of it reminds me how much I hate the existance of an economy based in currency and banks. Luckily, here in minecraft, no one really needs rupees to live, as food is available in many ways that don't involve spending a coin, and a house doesn't cost a life time of giving back fake, unexistant money to a bank. Therefore I'm not so uncomfortable with the whole idea.

And who knows, maybe everybody can make it work, prevent corruption and build something that is worth participating in. I love society simulations :p Listen, as long as there are no kings, I'm fine xD
    L0tad, M4nic_M1ner and cddm95ace like this.
  14. This looks cool as long as it doesn't turn into another Delta team
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. If we're zoning the land, we should have business in the centre, followed by industrial, followed by 'high-rise' and then suburbs. We should leave the construction of buildings to either people who move here who can do it themselves and collaborative architects.
    We do not need workers, we need citizens. People who will remain loyal to the New Republic and work to expand this, this isn't just a simple job anymore, this is practically a movement.
  16. nonononononono, put industrial on the outside.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  17. Eh, I'll come and try it out. Pm me the cords and ill get that ASAP.
  18. It's a good point. Industrial might not produce pollution like in real life, but it will produce lag. On the other hand, you might want automatic factories to be going as often as possible, so you'd have to find a balance.
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. You make a good point, then it shall be near the quarries.
    The main idea I have for this, as I said in a chat, is that we have the government buildings and the park on a floating island suspended above a quarried bowl. The city will be in the bowl, industry shall be sourced directly from quarrying, acting as a fuel for economic growth throughout.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.