The New Federation

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Apr 4, 2015.

• The U.N.O. is a state made of a collection of cities with the leaders of each city making decisions affecting the nation as a whole, e.g. declarations of war, travel embargos, national supply/trade deals, etc. The leaders of each city is essentially the president of a minor state within the U.N.O. Full states, such as the current expanding Cliffside, has yet to be dealt with and GiestKitsune and I are conducting talks as how to best integrate itself without giving itself power over the rest of the U.N.O. The leaders have full control over their own cities. If a city is based on communism, then a consensus will have to be reached for the cities vote to be counted. Democratic and absolute rule based states will have a representative automatically through the choice of government. Personal rights are defined by the national government, not the local.
    • I cannot accede the territory, since only 1/3 of it actually is owned by me, and 2/3 is under partial control through me. Cliffside, is owned by GiestKitsune and Ryth is owned by Razorwhale, mr IRL friend. I could accede my own territory and possibly Ryth, but I would not betray my companions. It may be possible to do so in the future, but not currently.

• In the U.N.O. there exists three(3) cities. Terrione owned by myself, Cliffside owned by GiestKitsune and Ryth owned by Razorwhale. Ryth is being built at an excruciatingly slow pace, but will be holding democratic elections when it is finished. I am currently a dictator in Terrione, but only until all work is completed such as the SeaWall and other misc. work and then we shall host our first democratic elections. Cliffside had a three seated council until a few days ago, when nationalistic expansion and government organization plans were released. The new government of Cliffside, I believe, is a three seated dictatorship, albeit with honorable and intelligent leaders.
    If I didn't answer any of your questions, feel free to ask again!
  1. Excuse the double post but will you be coming back to run it, or will you be directing it?
    • What do you mean by 'declarations of war'? Is it a role-play thing, or fighting in the PvP arena?
    • Travel embargoes are not possible, you can't stop anyone travelling somewhere. Role-play thing?
    • How do trade/supply deals work? Are the means of production in UNO collectivised (better known as communism, i.e. the state manages all farms, mining, etc.)? Because you can't really restrict the activities of businesses.
    • That bit about communist/authoritarian cities requiring the approval of others for a vote is interesting...
    • What do the others think? Would they be willing to join the New Federation?
    • Very interesting to hear of your experiences with governance on EMC.

I intend to return to activity in EMC, yes. Though I need to see that people are willing to participate.
  2. Should have been called, "The Conglomerate of Lava Walls."

• Section I
    • The declarations of war was a legitimate thing as well as an example. Roleplay, yes, but you may see it in in action in the future.
    • Travel embargos was a non-perfect example, but you can restrict someone's ability to travel. For example: I own the only rail to VillageX. If i block the railway to VillageX until they pay me 4k from a loan, then I am restricting one's ability to travel easily from town to VillageX. Granted, that would be a dirty trick and extortion...
    • When I referred to trade deals, I meant to complete the deals rather than the restricting of resources. If NationA would like to purchase 10 DC's of stone from the U.N.O. then the leaders may vote on whether the deal is approved. Then, they may either retrieve the stone through communist run farms and mines, or a national message may be sent asking for stone. People who donate stone with proof would be paid a percentage while the rest would go to pay for misc. national services or other significant services. Very few mines would be operated by the state, because a communist city would control, in theory, a large amount of production of goods inside the state. The overall of profit from a trade would be in favor of the people and the towns in which they live in rather than being spread evenly throughout the cities in the state. The example above is not the approved plan for handling such situations.

Section II
    • I believe you took this the wrong way, so I'll rephrase it. The communist or authoritarian cities do not require the approval of democratic/other cities to vote, but the communist or authoritarian cities must reach a consensus or a majority for their vote to be counted in national elections on national laws. Since the people of communist cities would all be of equal status, they would all act as leaders and as representatives, but only one should be sent to attend a Leader's Assembly.

• As for joining the NF, I do not think GiestKitsune would follow as he is a wondrous organiser and a very capable leader, and as such doesn't require me to drag him into situations he does not want to be in. Razorwhale on the other hand, is a military man. He is similar to to that of a lost puppy in that while he is a great military leader, he is not an innovator nor is he a (proper) politician. As per my description of him to you so far, he would most likely follow me if I thought it most wise to join the NF.
    I hope you like reading everything I've brought forth here!
  3. Reading through your constitution, It seemed that there was a clause that would form a coalition government. History tells us that those types of governments are inefficient. Also, Section 2-6. My favourite part of the entire constitution. :D
  4. I hereby declare my citizenship of the New Federation by putting forth my residence, /v MrBOBY02, for accession.

Do we have to put res number? I am too lazy to actually log on to Minecraft and check xD
  5. Sounds awesome! Can my smp7 outpost, Farbranch, join?
    607 likes this.
  6. This looks interesting :p It's certainly fixed a lot of problems with the original structure :p

I may considering offering my fairly abandoned outpost on smp4 as a town or whatever :p
  7. *complains for the remaining members there* :O
  8. I thought you would. :p Thinking about it I probably won't, but I need to do something with it :p
    607 likes this.
  9. That's very funny Boozle, I bet you're super proud of sharing such a great joke with all of us. 10/10

• Roleplay? Hmm. Interesting.
    • That's a good idea, but it'd need to be airtight, and covered in signs or something to prevent griefing and circumvention of the embargo. Not at all a dirty trick, if you build a rail, you should be allowed to do as you please with it.
    • Interesting resource management...
    • Quite an interesting view of communism, you effectively define it as 'anarchy', where everyone is equal and there is no state, whereas I define it as 'state planning of the economy'. I think that makes sense.
    • Whatever decision you guise want to make, I'm fine with it!

I believe that ensuring the accountability and popular support of the government must come before efficiency. 'Intellectual free speech' is a remnant of the NR, meaning 'you can have your own opinions, but don't be racist or harass people or be mean'.

Nah, I'll probably check :) You're accepted!

Sure! A few questions, though.
    1. Is it established?
    2. Who are the citizens? I define 'citizen' as someone who has built a structure on your outpost, be it private (a house, their personal farm or a decoration like a swimming pool or something) or public (a farm for all to use, etc.) who is still active on EMC (defined by having a residence).
    If you're established and you are the leader, you're accepted right away! The names of citizens will be for registration purposes, to keep track of NF citizens. If you're not established, I'll need confirmation from most of your citizens that they want to join the NF.

Great! If you decide to put it forward, answer the questions I put to Maze and that's all I'll need :)
    mba2012 and 607 like this.
  10. Ok the only thing is that it is not established, and I can't get it established because it is under 5k blocks away from protected area.

Citizens, well these are the people who I think have built something so far -

(Me)
    Gawadrolt
    nutriciousbudha
    WyntyrReavyn
    PikminNate
    ImBatman51
    ImBatmansWife
    SteveClasher
    BabyCreepersRule
    RainbowPony1000
    eqj744

I think there's a few more, can't think of them off the top of my head

*EDIT*

Dreacon78
    tseen
    72Volt likes this.
  11. Okay, if you could get at least 6 of those people to either post in the thread or PM me on the forums, I'll induct you into the NF :)
    607 likes this.
  12. Bump!

The Constitution has had improvements added to it!
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. I'd be interested in joining this. I have a bad habit of joining outposts, dabbling around for 5 seconds, leaving and forgetting about it (other than Rainbow Butte and Gondolin, where I built some things :p). However, I have yet to join one with such a structured government, and it sounds like a fascinating endeavor. :) If there's anything I can do to support this, I will do so. :)

I, hashhog3000, hereby declare that my residence 8961 of SMP4 is henceforth part of the New Federation.

Does that work? :p
    72Volt and 607 like this.
  14. It does indeed! Welcome!
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  15. K, I'll ask next time I'm in game
    72Volt likes this.
  16. I'm from Farbranch, it'd be cool to join the New Federation (The idea's really good :) )
    72Volt likes this.
  17. I've added a couple of changes to the Constitution to clear things up.

If you want to become a citizen, you need to put forward a residence to be part of the NF. As long as this residence exists and isn't derelict, you'll be considered active. This allows us to keep track of who is active and who isn't.

If you are the leader of an Established outpost and want to join the NF, you must be a citizen, by putting forward a residence.

If you are part of a non-established outpost, and the majority of people in that outpost want to join, they must be citizens of the NF, by putting forward a residence.

By enforcing these rules, it means nobody can join the NF without a residence, meaning we can always keep track of whether they're active or not.

If you two could put forward your residences that'd be great!