The Name Boxes are too Small

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CaptainFoxy_, Dec 19, 2017.

1. It came to my attention that my name can't fix within the name box on the fourms, is it possible for a fix on this?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. change it then lol jkjk not to be rude in any way. your new name ROCKS
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  3. Perhaps by decreasing the size of the characters when it's 16 characters, so the rest of the names/look of the forum aren't affected?
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  4. I seriously doubt that they can increase the maximum size (though I can't be sure). Thing is: the forum software is somewhat dated and several features are only possible when / if it ever gets upgraded.
    FadedMartian, 607 and ILTG like this.
  5. .messageUserBlock a.username {
    font-weight: bold normal; <- change this to normal
    display: block;
    overflow: hidden;
    line-height: 16px;
    }
    Then it fits:

Could be easy fix.
  6. Heyyy that's pretty good
    FadedMartian and ILTG like this.
  7. Yeah, that could be good.
    It seems like Aikar is fairly hesitant about changing XenForo code at this point, though... but I think this would be good to fix.
  8. All of our names became smaller, now, though... I'm not a fan of that, sorry.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Hate to be negative, but I personally agree with 607 on this.
    607 likes this.
  10. Your name looks especially stupid. ;)
  11. Hate to be negative, but shush. :p
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  12. Maybe a scaling thing could be implemented, so that the longer your name is, the smaller the characters are? Idek if this is possible, but if it is, it would seem to please both parties. I think.

13. zoomed in:

It's barely noticeable... Yall will live lol. it was a mere 5%
    Sazukemono, Ritunn, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.

14. I think that this is the perfect username size.
    FadedMartian, 607, ThaKloned and 3 others like this.
  15. lol - well, what I personally found, is that if I zoom in (browser) to 110%, it looks totally fine, but at 100% the letters seem like they have not enough pixels to form properly... Maybe this picture can show it?
    as compared to zoomed in to 110%:
    607 likes this.
  16. Quite frankly I'm perfectly fine with these changes.

Guys... It's a Minecraft forum first and foremost, and if a legit Minecraft name looks all weird then it makes perfect sense to change things so that it gets normalized again. If you have a hard time reading the names then maybe try a different theme? Or get a better pair of glasses :p
    Tbird1128, FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  17. i really cant see a difference other than the size.

but ultimately, im not spending any time making this complicated. This fix is simple and all the time im willing to spend on it
    FadedMartian, Sazukemono, 607 and 2 others like this.
  18. Sigh, of course screenshots don't work properly, I need real pictures to show it. :p

New:

Zoom 110% (which makes everything else look odd):

Which looks like this from further away:

Notice how the g's look odd, the c is missing a part from the top left, and the letters are much thinner and less smooth in general.

Does this show my point? :)
    607 likes this.
  19. You can always use an extension to stick override the stylesheet if you really want to.
    607, ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.