The mystery of 3140

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ItsMeMatheus, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I was just there, it looks like a mini apocalypse hit it, nature has taken over most of it, and it certainly doesn't look like anyone near it was on often. Most of the area except a fortress protected by lava is safe. Whatever this place is strange, it feels like I'm being watched.

P.S. No, I don't believe or think He is the cause of it.
  2. is it oh i must not have found it then cus it was 120x120
    IamSaj likes this.
  3. Everyone post on his/her profile :p
  4. I did some more "looking" into the 3140 mystery... "residence" 3140 does indeed belong to jennifer101010
    Source: http://empireminecraft.com/servers/smp2

What must have happened is that somehow the the residence was literally deleted, but it is obviously still there.
    It is odd that this would happen to someone who was only on EMC for a mere 17 days. But it would have been near the beginning of smp2 most likely which would explain the glitch in the residential system.

The fact that it no longer is a residence anymore explains a lot of the peculiarities. Such as Everyone has container flags - This must be the default for town. Also why residential specific commands don't work. Some people may have wondered why your hunger bar went down - this is because Hunger only regenerates in Residences. If you run around for a while in the streets, your hunger bar will go down. As I mentioned earlier, the water in the streets is due to a glitch in the system where the bucket flag can be goofy in the street. Finally, everything except for the Diamond shovel can be explained by stuff around the residence. (Oak trees for the planks, sticks, and saplings; and there are Melons planted)

The one thing I noticed - I am surprised no one mentioned - is the trees overhanging in the streets. I am very surprised no one had Jeremy or shaunwhite1982 "trim the hedges" lol.

Hope i didn't ruin anybody's fun :p Have a great Day!

ps, I was finally able to get on by visiting my local McDonalds :D
    Jennypoo10 and Jcplugs like this.
  5. Dat texture pack! Damm, me like!
    What's the name of it?
  6. Everyone has use and container on the res. However, when you try to place a block, you get a message saying that you can only build in your own residence. However, instead of the message "You don't have build permissions for this residence" you get "In Town you can only build in your own residence..."
    Therefore, we can conclude that the system thinks that the res is town (seeing as jennifer has been off for over 250 days), which would also explain the "Invalid residence" messages.
  7. I came to the assumption also that by default in town, everyone has both container and use Flags
  8. they didnt have /res unclaim and /res reset so thats prob it
  9. it's no longer a residence - it used to be though.

I am assuming some of this - logically
  10. it WAS a residence. when they introduced /res unclaim it may have been in a beta and totally failed.
  11. Who knows lol - considering the amount of time this person was on - no one ever knew her (that still plays)

I wish we could find jennifer101010, have her log in and see what happens - probably nothing...
  12. ive played longer than her.... by one day. i also first logged in on smp2, i acutally think i heard that name on chat somewhere out of the 60 members. and i still play.
  13. *sigh* I meant Known her - like personally. Sure there is lots of people who still play from that long ago; but that doesn't necessarily mean anything (By I am not going to make any more assumptions)
  14. oh, right.
  15. Well, anyways. I think it is just amazing that literally nobody noticed 3140 before now.

I am testing my gray text.
    Nole972 likes this.
  16. It appears that I was was using Battmegh's texture pack in those pics.. <,<
  17. omfg, just read all dose pages of postes. FREWAJHL
  18. Oh, we SMP2 people have known about it for months. This is the first time it's really gone public, though.
    #greytextreply
  19. Yep and i found your grey text what do i win
  20. i kigrated to smp one after going to smp2 and starting there :)