The Ice Palace

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Taggerung5162, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Yup, Momo is still there.
    And thanks dunder!
  2. Here's the finished perimeter wall, with the re-finished main gate (open).

And an inside look. Nevermind the dirt stairs.. they'll be moved and replaced.

And the corners of the perimeter wall.
  3. This is the farm. Animals in the back there, obviously, and the dug-out area inside the other wall is going to be for crops. I dug it out for redstone space, for at least partial automation.

And this is the other side, the front. A nifty little gatehouse there on the right side. My bed is currently in there. Will probably keep it there until the Palace is almost complete.

And here is the ceiling for the inner wall, which will also be the floor of level 2. Just a single-block floor of ice. No need to go thicker here. It took something like 30 stacks of dirt to place in the air to hold the water.
  4. This is going to be amazing, I think!
    Keep us updated, I enjoy watching the progress! :)
  5. u need help killing mo mo
    Taggerung5162 likes this.
  6. Tip: /ps.

You can control the spawning of both bosses (Momentus & Marlix) as well as the enraged mobs. Better yet: you can even do this on a per-server level. So, for example, on SMP9 I'm involved in a Frontier 'adventure' build (mainly for story telling) and we can use enraged mobs but no bosses. So it's turned off for SMP9. But on SMP2 (my home server) I welcome a good boss fight, so for that place it's turned on again.

So yeah: /ps, click on the survival settings and then you'll find the options to toggle all this.

So having that out of the way: This looks impressive so far, can't wait to see what you're coming up with here!

(EDIT)

Also don't forget about /buildmode ;)
    607, Taggerung5162 and crazyminerpete like this.
  7. Yeah... I've done that a few times here and there. The greater majority of it is under buildmode, but since the ice itself isn't actually placed by me, it's just frozen water. /shrug. The rest tho, is buildmode.
    And thanks for the tip on being able to stop bosses spawning. I remember reading it a while ago when I started on the server but forgot about it.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. The finished floor, and the farm. The cactus/melons/pumpkins are auto-farmed. You only need to replace the cactus. The rest of the farm is self-farmed. I know there's ways to auto-pickup all the stuff, but you have to replant yourself anyway. Far as I know, you can't automate replanting without a whole buncha villagers to do it for you. And they wouldn't do it perfectly, or immediately.. So I saw no point in automating the pickup of the finished product. Just punch it. Replant.

And some light in front of the furnaces' cuz mobs kept showing up. And I knew they would, I just finally got around to fixing that issue.
  9. Well, someone griefed my Palace. They stole a whole bunch of diamonds and enchanted gear out of my boxes, they ruined my animal farms and food farms, and destroyed a whole bunch of ice. I replaced most of it, but then I got too upset to keep going. I messaged a mod in game and on the forums here, and there has been no response. In game I was told nothing could be done. At all. What's the point of having rules if mods don't enforce them?! Goodbye EMC. Go destroy the rest of my ice palace and raid the boxes there. I won't be returning.
    00void and 607 like this.
  10. damn! Well build mode can't protect ice that naturally forms from water freezing but if you placed ice down in build mode then I think it would be protected.

Sorry you were griefed but some folks just like to watch the world burn :(

You also could've locked your chests, I would've donated rupees to you if you needed them to pay for that.
  11. That's not true, mods do enforce the rules. They will try to trace down the griefer and ban him.
    They likely won't, however, replace all of your stuff.
  12. ...

Dont let this bring you down.. it happens to the best of us. I can help you start back up, you worked so hard!