The Ice Palace

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Taggerung5162, Oct 23, 2016.

1. I've made one before. On single player, where nobody could enjoy it's awesomeness. I am going to make a new, bigger, better one now, here on EMC! I'll post some progress pictures as I go along. I had to put all of my farming underground with the old palace. I don't want to do that this time around. By the bye, this is on SMP3.

My first few days playing so far, have been farming materials. I made a tunnel system in an extreme hills biome at the bottom of the earth to get some diamonds/emeralds etc. I used all of my R to buy iron/gold to make the 4700 block long railroad that leads from the outpost at /wild c, to the Palace. Just head east from there, and you'll see the railway.

This is the Palace side of the railway. I will update the landing with better blocks later. It's just basic cobblestone for now.

Here we have the open, unaltered ground zero for the Palace construction.

And..

This is gonna take a long time. Without giving away too much, without more progress yet, I will leave it at that.
    lottie1664, ShelLuser, 607 and 10 others like this.
  2. *likes*
    Taggerung5162 likes this.
  3. 0.0 Wow!
    Taggerung5162 likes this.
  4. This is the perimeter wall. I make the ice by laying dirt, then filling it with water, and let it freeze. There's only one section of dirt here, so it's not ready for filling yet. I haven't decided where to put things (animals, plants, beds etc) yet. Time for sleep now, though.
    khixan, ShelLuser, 607 and 3 others like this.
  5. Maybe I can help you, I'm an SMP3er myself
    :)
  6. Yeah! What times are you normally online?
  7. *watches thread, is really interested about what this building will look like*
    ShelLuser, 607 and Taggerung5162 like this.
  8. I'll give you a hint. The design relates to my name.
  9. Best time is the weekends when I'm usually online a good bit :)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. Well, I started a small farm outside the main building area, for now, to get some crops stocked up while I busy myself away. Then I "heard the ground pounding" or whatever..
    And ran away... very fast.
    Help.
    Please.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. Just leave it alone and you'll be fine, as long as you're not on difficulty level 7 or higher :)
  12. hmm if you need more r for the matirials i reccomend killing it, its extremely easy. Find a giant zombe (its hard to miss and its what pounded the ground) and then build a dirt coccon around the monster making sure not to accidently attack it while you are buolding (leave mistakes its just dirt lol) you want to bring this cocoon up to his arms the. Fill it with water, do /diff 10 and beat the crap out of it while you are also inside the water coccon. When it dies it will drops some valuable items you can sell. Hope this helped

Also i have a ton of ice after building an ice castle of my own. If you want some just ask.
    Kytula likes this.
  13. I have a strategy for e-z momo killing on diff 10. He needs to be near, or (very preferably) in, deep water (3 or 4 blox.) lure him into the water, then use your starter sword to pound the loot out of him. Then, run like hell from the guardians.
  14. I made it bigger. 80x118. It is also ready for the first layer of water-turning-ice. Unfortunately, there's this stupid little space going right thru there, at the top middle-right ish, that won't freeze. It's a different biome; a river. I sent a message to an admin in game, and it doesn't seem like anything can be done about it. Oh well, minor inconvenience. I'll just have to silk touch ice from elsewhere to fill in there. That means anything of height I want there will have to be done likewise. Oh well.

Also, I forgot about Enderman. They like to randomly pick up blocks sometimes. When they grab my dirt, that has un-frozen water still.. *sigh*
    ShelLuser, 607, Kytula and 2 others like this.
  15. Wait, doesn't he HURT REALLY BAD? I saw one on my first day in game, and accidentally thought I could take him in the open. I almost died. He.. can't hit me if I'm in the water too? Or the water just prevents his spawns from raping my face?
    TomvanWijnen and Carbonyx like this.
  16. lol

from my experience, if your Minecraft eyes are level with his ankles, you will not get hit
  17. Also; won't I drown? Or do I stay out, at the top? He has draw in, brings you to his feet...
    607 likes this.
  18. My tactic was if he isnt around water to make an artificail ocian
  19. Just swim back up lol he wont continuisly pull you in.
  20. Shhh...no exploits please.