The Holiday Special (EMC Short Film)

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by DaybreakerMC, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Greetings fellow members of the Empire Minecraft server! I would first like to wish everyone happy holidays! If you saw my past thread or are subscribed to my DaybreakerMC YouTube channel, you know that last week I gave my first gift to the people of EMC. That gift was a whole hour of lofi/chill music for streamers/YouTubers/and casual players alike to use. Today I present my second gift!

Vengeance of the Mint Meister: A Da Blessed Holiday Special (or just The Holiday Special for short as so many of us call it) is a new cinematic brought to you by Daybreak Media in association with the Da Blessed group. It's an action packed Christmas tale of vengeance and friendship.

I would like to thank everyone who helped out on this project, including the enormous and wonderful cast (listed below). It's been a ton of fun making this story come to life, and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we all did. As I did with my previous cinematic, The Day the Lightning Struck, I've once again tried to built on my style and learn new things. You'll see a few of those here, and it might seem a bit noob-ish, but it's fun to learn. As always, there are some abundantly clear Replay Mod glitches that were unavoidable, alongside some laughable writing and editing mishaps (that were completely my fault). For what it is though, I'm quite pleased.

ConductorConduit
    DaybreakerMC
    DreamyFeather
    deadmon5
    Ipswitch
    jewel_king
    LycaonArcadia
    miafellows73
    Olliesaurus_Rex
    potofjuniper
    Saturn_83
    sonicol
    TheFryedmans
    wafflecoffee

I wish I had been able to announce this sooner and get the premiere launched a day in advance, but the post-production process has been a nightmare. Between Adobe Premiere encoding errors and unrendered audio resulting in so many exporting attempts, it got pretty stressful. This was a much larger workload than I had thought. It's partially my fault for waiting so late to begin production, but either way finals would've posed a barrier to early production process. So yeah, this project took me a total of 65 hours to complete (which iirc makes it my largest YT project yet), 58 of which were spent in the past five days (yeah I'm really tired).
    I'll close off by thanking everyone once again! Nothing makes me happier than seeing creativity come to life, mine or others. If you ever have a great story you want to bring to life, go for it! Production can be intimidating, but the end result is always worth it. Happy holidays!
  2. Thank you to everyone who came out to the premiere! It was an awesome experience watching it live. Unfortunately, there was an audio error in the first portion of the video. I've set it on private right now while I fix the issue. It should be back up soon, and the official score should also be up on the Daybreak Media channel in the next few days
    sonicol likes this.
  3. I expect 50% commissions thank you :p
    sonicol and DaybreakerMC like this.
  4. Good news, the audio error is fixed and The Holiday Special is back up! I hope everyone who missed the premiere now gets the chance to see it. To all at the premiere, I apologize for the audio issue once more. Merry Christmas!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  5. Great video! I loved everything about it :D
    DaybreakerMC likes this.