The future of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AussieZaid, Sep 16, 2015.

?

What do you think EMC will be like in the future

1.9 Update will come 47 vote(s) 77.0%
A new type of supporter 2 vote(s) 3.3%
Bigger residences 1 vote(s) 1.6%
A new SMP 11 vote(s) 18.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, bias. I'm dad.

On a more serious point, I suppose that 1.9 is coming one way or the other. Just like any other update, I feel as if we will get the update. As for a new SMP, I do not see the need for that. The current supporter system works fine and I don't see much need for a new rank of supporter.
  2. <--- First person on SMP10.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  3. True Krysy, Just true. I actually love all the staff Aikar and you are choosing. The Staff are doing a darn good job. But no one is perfect so they don't need to capitalize all the words. I think we just need one Staff that is more active.
    Dramanya likes this.
  4. Alright, now for the real reason I came here.

I only agree with one thing you said:

5. This thread got derailed so bad lmao
  6. Is it bad that I laughed at the way that was stated?
    SoulPunisher, Hashhog, khixan and 2 others like this.
  7. I now realize that was worded terribly, lol.
  8. A new SMP won't come. Why do you think the number of residences per server has been increased? Fit more people in and keep costs low. Servers cost money and more servers = more money spent.

Sure you're not an alt? You joined just over a month ago and have no real experience in how the staff team has changed. However, I do agree with the standard of grammar dropping. I constantly go on about it.

EDIT: Yes, I know not every staff member is not a native English speaker, but some posts are just cringe worthy.

9. lol makes me remember back when JustinGuy was still here and claimed something like that a while back. So I got all excited and put off building my house cause I figured "ill have even more room to build it" cause at the time I had to try and plan for a house that was long but fairly thin cause of the res sizes. Then the time came and went and I was still waiting before I messaged him about it and he was like "oh sorry I meant taller" (back when the build height limit was increased) so I waited around for nothing. :(
  10. 1.9 will ruin Minecraft in general
  11. This type of stuff has been more and more common on the forums. And you know? It's actually true. I have noticed this on multiple occasions. And yah. I know what you're all gonna say. "Report it to Krysyy" "Stop complaining and tell Krysyy" But you know? I'm not positive that's a good idea. I honestly don't feel like I can discuss problems about the staff team with Krysyy without getting some stupid ban from EMC for it. (This is my opinion. Don't like it? Oh well. Get over it.)
  12. I've been here for a little over three years. For those of you who are newer, that was back when we didn't have the 'Wastelands' . BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDN'T HAVE THE WASTELANDS AND EVERYONE HAD TO GO OUT REALLY FAR TO FIND NEW PLACES TO MINE.

Sorry, moving on.

Anyway, I've watched this server grow tremendously since I first joined, and though I was my activity was spotty for about a year of my time here, I know one thing for certain. 1.9 will not kill EMC, The community that has grown up around this server is much, much too strong to let that happen.

I personally don't get why people think 1.9 will kill EMC, we'll just adapt and move on as we always have.

I have confidence in us :p

tl;dr.

EMC will always be amazing, well staffed, and my one and only server.
  13. If you feel that way then you should tell Krysyy. trololol
  14. Why thank you for posting, yet another, of these annoying comments to me. I'll ask again for you to please stop.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  15. *brings poison arrows to pvp*
  16. I would not worry about discussing anything with Krysyy. I had issues, Krysyy and I PMed about it. I don't think either of us came to a common agreement on the issue but she let me speak my mind freely and I have to respect that.
  17. I am just waiting for the long awaited Enraged Totem Pole.
  18. The community has suggested numerous times that I should be staff. My reply is always the same:
    No fluffin' way.
    The people who say this may respect me as an individual, and I appreciate that. I've been given the "Community Appreciation Award" twice so I have to believe I'm doing something right. But I know myself. I know that if I were made staff, I would be one of the worst staff members you've ever seen. Hostile, abusive, excessively harsh, and undeniably prone to favoritism. A position of authority would bring out the absolute worst in me, and I sincerely doubt I'm the only one this applies to.

Being staff requires a lot from a person, and not all of it is obvious to the community as a whole. This is a large part of why I think the current staff selection method is an improvement. I don't think any system is perfect, mind you, but as much love as I have for the EMC community, we're not always collectively the best judge of character.
  19. I will tell you one thing for certain.. Krysyy has said No to more than one staff that wanted to offer up a punishment for a player(s) because she it had to have hard evidence and I mean hard evidence. She is our scales for justice when we may be too close to the trees to see the forest. I have been on the other side of that conversation with her and am very glad she's there to equal it out for us when we need it. As always, we are human and make mistakes but we'll be the first to admit it and then do something about it.
    Not sure if the next part is part of yer disapproval spoiler or not... lol .. but here it is..
    As for the spelin... hahahahaha.. what ever. i will not sit there and make sure every sentence is perfect. I don't have time and That's Not why I play mc in the first place. that's For School or other official stuff outside of a game.

now what's the name of that song??? oh yeah! Shake it off 'haters gonna hate hate hate... I'm just gonna shake .. it off' (something along those tunes) :) mmhmmm datz me
  20. This is so true. It got better for a while but then it got worse again. I would say about 75% of the staff's typical demeanor is sarcastic and condescending and not in a "haha" funny sort of way; more in like a "Jeez, guess I won't ask them another question again" sort of way. That is if you get a response from them at all. I've mentioned staff multiple times in posts and the lack of chemistry between staff and regular players. Since then I've talked to exactly one more mod than I had before that would actually respond with more than one word answers. It's almost as if they don't even enjoy being a part of EMC. And I've noticed the people that come to their defense and say "I have no problems" are either part of the contribution/youtube team or they have been members for years, so they probably knew them pre-staff. You read all of these things about the old owners interacting and having fun with members and it makes me wish I would've been here during those times. The staff does put on events, which is fun, but even during the events most staff won't interact much with players. It's just "Here's what the event is for. Here's your prize. Bye." Also, talking about staff isn't derailing the thread topic because it's about the future of EMC, which includes staff and players.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.