The Empire Chronicles (A Series about EMC!!)

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by wormturkey, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Sorry about that. There was... a death in the family. :( Yeah, I felt a bit too depressed to write anything. But now, I think I'm back into it. Something like that is impossible to forget about, but you have to keep moving forward.
    607 likes this.
  2. Oh, I'm sorry for that :/
  3. Chaoter 4 is almost done, but I'm most likely going to finish it tomorrow because it's Christmas and I am kind of busy :p Oh, and just an FYI, it's probably not going to be as long as Chapter 3. That one was so big I reached the maximum post word limit and had to split it.
    Hex022103 and 607 like this.
  4. I loved it, though! :D You really are a great writer :D
  5. Well, this isn't the day after Christmas, like I said I would finish this on. But chapter 4 is done. Sorry, I have no excuse for this taking so long, only my own laziness and a little game for the 3DS called Fantasy Life. >.< But anyway, enjoy! This Chapter kind of marks the end of "Part 1." Also, Colepuncher, sorry, Cole is not completely in this chapter. He'll be in Chapter 5, and maybe a little bit of 6. However, he does appear at the end of this one briefly...

Muah ha ha ha...

Chapter 4-

“A Hacker?” asked Cazi quietly. “What's a Hacker?”
    “Hackers,” said Olaf, “are Crafters that appear normal, but hold a mysterious power that allows them to manipulate their surroundings. This boy, Parody, well, there's no mistaking it. He's one of them. He was on the brink of death, and then revived himself. That's not humanly possible. Cazi, I believe your friend activated God Mode.”
    “WHAAAAT?!” yelled Parody. “God Mode? I thought that was up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A.”
    “No, that's a different God Mode,” said Olaf. “Also, I doubt anyone will get that reference.”
    “But what does God Mode even do?” asked Cazi.
    “Well, as you saw, it completely heals the body,” stated Olaf. “It also makes you super-strong and invincible.”
    “That's a bit OP,” said Cazi.
    “That's why it's a Hack.”
    “How do you know all this?” asked Parody quizzically.
    “Oh, well, I'm a time-traveling clock,” described Olaf. “I've seen pretty much everything there is to see throughout all of time. Because I time travel so much, I'm about 600 years old, even though, I've only been made five years ago from right now.”
    “He's also very classy,” added Cazi.
    “Ah, I see,” said Parody. “So, could you, like, go zoom through time and find out what happens to me later in my life?”
    “I could, but that would ruin the plot,” Olaf stated. “Anyway, Cazi, you wanted me to help you and Parody find you a way out of here and into the Wastelands?”
    “Yeah,” said Cazi. “What do you think we should do? We can't get caught.”
    “Hmmm…” muttered Olaf, as he thought about her question. “Do you have a TalkTablet, Parody? We could use it to TP.”
    “No, I don't,” said Parody sadly. “Well, I DID, up until a while ago, when SOMEONE knocked it out of my hands and off the balcony.” Cazi squirmed a little when he said this.
    Suddenly Parody’s face lit up. “Wait a minute, Olaf, why don't you just travel to the past and get my old TalkTablet?”
    “If I was to do that,” said Olaf, “then it would… Well… Actually, that would have no effect on us at all, I believe. I'll go do that!” And with that, Olaf suddenly disappeared.
    As soon as he had vanished, he reappeared, only this time holding Parody’s old TalkTablet.
    “Hooray!” Parody yelled. “Now I can chat with my friends!”
    The only problem was that when Olaf went back in time and got the falling TalkTablet, it stopped it from landing on Tommy’s head. Therefore, he was never knocked out. Therefore, he was able to tell the king. Therefore, the king was sending troops up. Therefore, there was an army of soldiers steadily approaching Cazi’s room. Therefore, our heroes were in deep, deep poo.
    However, Cazi, Parody, and Olaf were unbeknownst to this consequence. They were having some problems of their own.
    “You don't get WI-FI?!?!” yelled Parody. “In a CASTLE?!?!?!?!?”
    “It's not my fault you're too poor to afford 4G!!” snapped Cazi.
    “How am I supposed to pay for an extra internet service if I can hardly pay my taxes each month?!”
    “Guys…” said Olaf quietly, “I think we have a bigger problem right now.”
    He pointed at the chamber door, which was rattling from the constant knocking of guards. There was also many shouts of “Open up! This is the Empire Police Force!!”
    “Oh crud,” said everyone.
    “Quick, to the balcony!” shouted Parody. “We always go to the balcony in this story!”
    Once they arrived, the three heroes looked over the ledge of the aforementioned overused balcony setting.
    “Do you think we could jump?” asked Cazi nervously.
    “Are you kidding me?!” said Parody. “Didn't you see what happened to those guards before?!”
    “Well, we're kinda out of options here,” said Cazi. “Olaf, can you see what will happen if we jump off this ledge?”
    “Sure thing,” he said, as he disappeared. Two seconds later, he was back. “We all die.”
    “Wonderful,” said Cazi sarcastically.
    Suddenly, the guards busted through the door, yelling and thrashing. They immediately located the trio and charged.
    “Oh crud oh crud oh crud oh crud-“ shouted Parody, until suddenly he realized something.
    “God Mode!” he exclaimed. Suddenly leaping into the air, he charged towards the incoming troops. Instead of being crushed, however, the troops were knocked away by Parody, as he ran through them, destroying their formation. He suddenly turned around to his two friends.
    “Hey Olaf!” he said. “You said I could fly in God Mode, right?”
    Realizing his plan, Olaf nodded confidently, which made no sense, as he is a clock and most clocks cannot nod. However, most clocks also cannot talk. I guess we'll never know. The point is, he nodded.
    Parody ran towards the balcony, grabbed Cazi and Olaf, and jumped off the balcony. Instead of falling, he soared forward like an airplane. He flew through the air towards the town, around in circles, and even under some bridges. The Crafters around him looked on in amazement as the three of them glided around the Empire.
    Soon, though, Parody landed, despite the fun of it all. He could feel that the Hack was wearing off, though he fully didn't understand why himself. He had never known that he had these mysterious powers, and had no idea what triggered them. But he had been through a lot in the past day, and Parody really didn't have the energy at the moment to try to figure it all out.
    The sun had already set, and dusk had settled down. Across the purple horizon, many beautiful stars sparkled above the creations that other Crafters had built in their residences. As Cazi approached the portal to the Wastelands with Parody and Olaf, she took one last good look at Town, knowing she wouldn't see it for a while. She wouldn't miss it that much, she thought, she had been staring at it almost her entire life.
    Slowly, the group entered the purple portal. All three knew that a new adventure awaited them, a new chapter in their books. They knew that new places would be found, new bonds would be made, and new battles would be fought. Over all, though, they knew that it would be awesome.
    What they didn't know, however, was why a boy with square spectacles and short blond hair was standing directly in front of them when they made it through the portal.
    “Hiya there,” said the boy enthusiastically, “and welcome to Cole’s Wasteland Outpost O’ Fun!!!”
  6. Seems legit :rolleyes:
    ParodyMaster6 likes this.
  7. Yeah, I actually just fixed that. I forgot to look at the character description before I wrote, so I described him wrong. :x
  8. No lol :p The code is the Konami Code, which when entered into most Konami games, made something cool happen. In most games, it activated God Mode, which made you invincible and you killed everything in one hit.
    607 likes this.
  9. Villain's Helper #3: Porphy (porphyrian)
    Description: Sly, always sneaking around. Hides in the shadows. Schizophrenic. Allergic to the sun. Really good night vision. Very VERY cruel and experimentative. Likes to capture everything dangerous.

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
  10. You have been accepted!

By the way, I'd like to introduce you all to Trapper777, who is the Empire Chronicles' new Editor! He's going to work with me to make the Chronicles even better and more well-written. Please give him a warm welcome!!

P.S. Chapter 4 is coming soon, with the arrival of Hex, Onaloa, and Cole!
    607 likes this.
  11. I love the story! very lighthearted and fun. Which pretty much makes me want to be a hulking mushroom cow with self esteem issues. lol. Any idea when the next chapter will be ready?
    ParodyMaster6 and 607 like this.
  12. Thanks! Next chapter will be soon.
  13. Long before Aikar was Justin the Almighty (and myself for that matter :) )
  14. I want to be (character slot name)protaganist's sidekick #3
    My name will be (Minecraft username, if you want it shortened put it here)stormythecreeper but usualy called stormy
    Description: (Description of character)very serious only talks when needs to skilled with a sword cold and ruthless but has honorable code of honor
  15. Hello everybody...

I am back from the grave :p

Well, I think after forgetting about this story (yes, I forgot about this story and the rest of the forum, please forgive me,) and also failing to update it several times in the past, I've decided to call it quits. Yeah, I'm done. If someone else wanted to pick up the story where it left off, just PM me about it so I can confirm it. Sorry about ending it so abruptly, I just don't have as much time anymore.
    -Parody
  16. Aw, that's too bad :(
    I'd like to thank you very much for the story though! I absolutely loved it, it was the best (in my opinion) self-written story I've ever read on EMC! :)
    Trapper777 and ParodyMaster6 like this.
  17. +1