The EMC Shop and the daily sign-in bonus

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Windylava, Jun 7, 2018.

1. First I'll have to go -1 on the suggestion, sorry.

But that does bring me to another point. I have skimmed the OP, I have read through the commands (I'll have more time on my hands tomorrow) but there's one thing that's bugging me here so...

My problem with this suggestion is that you've been gone for 2 years. And you've been back for.. what? 2 weeks? I can understand & respect that you may not like certain changes, but instead of suggesting to reset everything back to the way it was why not instead try to make this work for yourself somehow?

No offense intended but I strongly get the impression that part of your suggestion is fueled by your absence. Yet you don't seem to pay any attention to the things which have happened so far.

The EMC shop has been gone for a long time already. And as you noticed yourself: that skyrocketing has yet to happen. So, like... where's the need? Hasn't the new system proven itself yet? I think it has.

In fact: I'll argue that nowadays things actually work in the other direction.

Players these days are actually more competitive and keeping their prices in check in order to attract customers. Are your prices too high then you'll risk falling out of grace and that means less income. Which was important to them in the first place as such... I don't see prices going to skyrocket here.

And that leads up to my vote above.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and Windylava like this.
  2. Well with that I do apologize for my arrogance on the current situation on EMC. I guess I still believe my suggestions would help but that's my opinion. I guess I always do have a knack for controversy. I guess I should be less stuck in the past and if the situation has changed the future is bright.

Once again, I am sorry
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  3. No nwws need to apologize. I think it is always good to have a good-spirited discussion/debate.
    My word certainly isn't law. Going to defend my point till I am blue in the face, but that doesn't make you wrong for bringing it up
  4. I have a brilliant idea alright: why not let the servers sort that out for themselves?

There is a very good reason why one of the first things you'll hear if you ask about shops on SMP2 is: "check out /v +hsp and/or /v +poof". They've been around for years, the players have been around for years (poof was there when I started playing, and my starting time on EMC now actually means something :D) and therefor the whole server knows them.

And this also applies to other servers. And if you play your cards right you can even establish a "cross server reputation". I mean... Without any bias involved but if players ask me about enchanted books I always respond with "try /v packerfan on SMP5". Simply because a friend of mine always buys their enchanted stuff there, so I also eventually got to know it.

Bulk items? /v +bulk on SMP8 is what I know from mind.

But each and every of those players worked hard to get to that reputation. And by keeping it up they'll also keep that alive.

Heck, what to think about /v +directory on some servers? A res. dedicated to helping players find the shop(s) they're after, that's also a thing.

If you get with the program (read: actually use market chat and ask a round a bit) you'll find much more that you may think :)
  5. I do appreciate the sentiment chickeneer, and I still believe in my market fundamentals, I just realized being away for as long as I have been I could very well be a little arrogant. I had fun in all honestly, work is kinda boring today so this has given me something to do. I am not ashamed or humiliated. I just will apologize if I know I do something wrong.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. Maybe as a counter solution we should have a reverse shop at below market values to provide new players a place to sell to. So people still have to work for stuff but it teacher them that important lesson and sets a low floor for the economy so people can always make money, no matter if there are shops on your SMP? It could also help with my so called lack of rupee problem? Also you wouldn't have to update it constantly.

Edit: Only a shop you sell too. Not buy from. So the "worthless" items can be given some value and new players can get money from farming them.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Hm, this got more replies back and forth than I expected!
  8. LOL it's economics, controversy will thus ensue :p I should've see that coming, would've treaded more lightly. At least my site posts will go up
    FadedMartian and Tuqueque like this.
  9. EMC is all about its economy. Increasing the daily bonus would definitely help with the inflation I've seen happen over the last year.
    FadedMartian and Windylava like this.
  10. Not replying to just you, but yours is the most recent comment on EMC's "inflation" issue. Can someone point out to me where this inflation is at in the economy? Natural inflation year over year is normal for any healthy economy, but I have not seen any crazy high inflation for any items on EMC in the past year.
  11. Maybe they meant plural? Idk. I was only referring from when I first joined which was 6 years ago. so like obviously prices have changed but I think they meant years?

Also, its more like a long term unresolved issue.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  12. you were real quick to reply to equablehook but he just copy and pasted my comment from earlier lol
    FadedMartian and EquableHook like this.
  13. Another point I wanted to mention on the given topic that hasn't been mentioned yet, is Minecraft updates.

Every Minecraft update, we always see a surge in economy interactions as players work to get all of the new items in the update and sell them as quickly as possible after the update is released.

However, Minecraft updates also will often effect the economy for existing items. One example was the changes to villagers over numerous Minecraft updates. Before, emeralds were considered an expensive gem, difficult to obtain due to them being so rare while mining. Now, they are a commodity on EMC with the numerous villager trading halls and large produce farms that allow you to quickly turn worthless produce into valuable emeralds, that can then be turned into other, more valuable items.

Another example: shulker boxes. While large farms in the frontier have been a big part of EMC for a while, and their mass production of items has had a large effect on the economy, they were always hindered by your ability to transport items back to town in a timely fashion. Now though, you can easily move 10s of DCs of items instantly, without nearly as much work as before.

Minecraft's updates have, imo, made it more difficult to earn rupees as a new player because veteran players have easier and cheaper ways to get the items without relying on paying new players to get the items for them.
    607, ShelLuser and Nickblockmaster like this.
  14. lol, I didn't even notice that it was the same comment - I just saw "inflation on EMC" mentioned a few times now, and was wanting somebody to point it out to me, because I haven't noticed it. Feel free to explain, I'm honestly curious to hear it so that I can better understand your problems with the economy :)
    607 likes this.
  15. Emc Shop is like K-Mart and we all know what happen to K-marts around the USA right? Closed due low traffic and similar stores like "Walmart & Target" had cheaper prices. So I'm basically Emc Shop served a purpose at start on the Empire when number of shops were low and gave players a option to get items for a high price who didn't want to gather items in the Wild. This what I think just from years of observation around Emc shop...
  16. guys guys guys guys guys

The current economic system is corrupt. I argue that we nationalise everyone's malls, put banned players to work off their sentences in the mines to produce stock, ban players who get caught farming resources for themselves and buying from the black market, and give them a slightly higher daily sign in bonus that doesn't allow them to pay for everything they need unless they participate in the black market.

It's a flawless system and a much better alternative to the capitalistic ways of EMC that have clearly failed us. IT'S REVOLUTION TIME!
  17. nope. you are joking, right? lol if not, please elaborate.
    EquableHook and Windylava like this.
  18. I'm not joking.
  19. Nope. You are a Poe.
  20. I cannot confirm nor deny this accusation.
    Sydney4363 likes this.