The Dig Site mining event

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Mando_Din_Djarin, Jul 19, 2022.

1. TIME FOR ANOTHER MINING EVENT!!!

WHEN:
    July 21, 2022
    8pm EMC Time

WHERE:
    SMP3, Waste NE, then go North

WHAT TO BRING:
    Tools, Armor, Food, Shulker Boxes, Torches, Rotten Flesh, Emeralds

No TNT Allowed.

Shots of The Dig Site

Top view of the Dig Site, with a Cobblestone pathway to the Beacon (mainly there for me to disassemble & reassemble on a lower level)

Originally just a Zombie XP farm, I upgraded it to a Zombie Pigmen farm. Access to the kill chamber is through the trap door by the pit. A barrel is in place to collect the loot, with access to said barrel also available in the Cleric room below (all 5 Clerics are at Master level). There, you can trade out any Flesh & Emeralds you bring to get some XP (and Bottles O'Enchanting, aka the XP Bottle)

This is the staircase that leads all the way down to the Bedrock level. The line of torches on the left serves as a perimeter wall & point of access to each level.

This is the entrance to the safe house. Since I did this more for functionality than for looks, I built it into a small mountain.

This is looking towards the doors from the inside. On the far left is an auto-composter (for those who plan to use the Moss Mining Method), along with a Furnace & Blast Furnace (both with Coal Refuelers & an Ore/Gold Tools & Armor chest for the Blast Furnace). On the right is the Nether Portal that leads to a tunnel and another Nether Portal, which exits out on the North end of the NE Wastelands Outpost.

This is some of the chests that I have for everyone who comes to the Dig Site to use. If you got the Rupees, you can claim one of these chests for your own personal use (and, if requested, I'll dig out some more space to put in more chests). The lone Mangrove Door leads to the Bedroom, where you can set your respawn point.

The above 2 photos represent the ends of the Nether Tunnel that connects the NE Wastelands Outpost to the Dig Site. Since the Wastes do reset, I didn't put in a setup for a Minecart dispenser. Just place the Minecart on the Powered Rail, get in & push the button to get to either the NE Outpost or the Dig Site (depending on where you're at when you take off).

And the final photo shows what direction you need to go. Simple as that.

Anyway, that's it for the 'big announcement'. I'll probably do a little bit more cosmetic work before the big day (like going ahead and putting in a bigger storage room). I'll see you guys at about 8pm EMC time this Thursday.
  2. Wow! you really went all out setting this up! Great work! I'll be excited to come out and see this! Hopefully I can make the event and not after but from my experience a dig site usually turns into a campground for some players long after the event is over. It gives players a destination to go to and something fun to do!

EXCELLENT WORK HERE!
    Mando_Din_Djarin likes this.
  3. You've done an awesome job in setting things up! I will try and make it to the event.
  4. Thanks. That (being the setting up) is the main reason why it took me so long to get it launched. I took what I learned when Lunar had her Big Dig event before the 1.19 Update and applied it to my event, along with adding a little extra.

There's one part that I didn't show off and that was a little room called 'Mando's Workshop'. It was where I was doing a bit of rearranging with the Shulker Boxes I brought with me in the beginning. That's probably where I'll put the storage room extension (that, or knock the wall down between it and the main area and go from there).

As far as making it out to the Dig Site in time for the event, it's why I had it set to launch on Thursday (though I am considering moving it to Friday, so I won't have to worry about going to bed early for work the next day).
  5. Thanks. I learned from when you did yours and added on it.
  6. Got some good news & some bad news.

Bad news is that the Dig Site mining event is being pushed back to tomorrow at 8pm EMC time.

Good news is that you guys got some extra time to get ready for it.

Reason behind the delay is that I had to take my father to the hospital for a bit, delaying me from getting on to add a bit more cosmetic work and expanding the storage units some more. I'll be on there later today to get said cosmetic work taken care of before the big day tomorrow.
  7. Didn't get a chance to get on to do that cosmetic work, but I'll be on at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event to do that work (maybe sooner, if I can manage it). I'll post when it officially kicks off, so keep an eye on this thread, kids :p
    LunarEndergirl likes this.
  8. And so it begins... EARLY!!!

The Dig Site mining event is now underway, 15 minutes early. We'll be stopping once we get down to the Bedrock level.
  9. Lomax70 and I have log off for the night. I hope to start fresh later.
  10. You're good. I'm about to pop back on there here in a bit to do some more mining.
  11. Had fun with this last night....but what is the ultimate goal here besides getting together for the mining and mobs/raids? Are you looking to turn this into a farm of some sort...or is the big hole in the ground the object? ;)
  12. I had fun too on the first day of the dig.

There's nothing like mining a huge hole all the way to bedrock.
  13. That's pretty much it, us getting together for mining and dealing with mobs.

I know, right?
  14. Sorry folks, gonna be tied up for the coming week. Please use the picks i brought out! I don't even think i need them back. Mine well!
  15. You go take care of whatever it is you need to. We'll still be here when you get back.
  16. Hey it's for a great reason - extended family is visiting :)
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  17. When I said that the doors to The Dig Site weren't going to close until we hit Bedrock, I wasn't kidding. Anyone who'd like to do some mining with friends, come on over.
  18. All the more reason to get out of the Asylum that is EMC for a while :p
  19. Just in case you guys have forgotten, The Dig Site's still open for business.
    farmerguyson likes this.
  20. I'll be there again later tonight, hopefully. I was recharging my tools then a nasty thunderstorm decided to drop by.