The begging. It HAS to stop.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Begging in general gets on my nerves. Come to mai shoppppp, Gimma rupeesss.
    I cant tell you how many times somebody pmed me and say can I haz mod or admin?
    I just tell them no and their like why nawttt
    And I say Im not a mod.
    And they say tell a mod then.
    And I say No I will not tell a mod or admin, I am going to ignore you in chat, so deal with it.
    If we could post memes in the chat, I would pm the person with the deal with it meme or how about no bear.
  2. These 3 words say it all: I HATE BEGGARS.
    matthew12hydro and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. Before i closed my shop
    Can i haz rupees
    can i haz build perms
    can i haz diamondz
    can u give meh all your rupeez
    when i dont reply / you should burn in He**!
  4. Like beggers I'm to lazy to go out to the wild, unlike Beggers I am not too lazy to find other ways to get rupees. Like sellings farmable goods, wood, charcoal, and let other people sell in my shop *they don't sell me thier stuff, they make shops at my res*
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  5. Someone just asked me to "donate" to a competition. The same someone has just concluded an auction, for which they got over 50,000r.

O_O srsly...
  6. How do you put stuf up for sale lol jw
  7. What begging!? I don't see any beggers! They are poor people of EMC!
  8. lol nevrmind i got it... even tho no one gave a f***... :oops:
  9. Dear moderators,
  10. Ill be the first to admit that when i first started EMC id say something like "Come to ___ and donate if you like!" which now i realize is begging. But now i do not beg, as i have enough rupees through hard work. Now i just /ignore the people who are constantly asking me for perms or rupees. Heck even once i had some guy do this..
    Bob (fake name): Nice res
    Bunkerllama: thanks
    Bob: Can i haz flags
    Me: Why?
    Bob: So iz can take some stuff from it becuase ur rich and im not.
    Me: No.
    then i report :D
  11. I have seen gold supporters begging all week. One in particular is driving me crazy as they begged someone to help them 'pay off a debt of 12k' and after the player gave them 5k they promptly complained about it not being enough and started begging for more. Unfortunately as a noob I didn't know what to do about it at the time. I'll be more prepared in the future.
    Also, I agree about not wanting to just /ignore the player. If responsible players don't help keep an eye on what's really going on, the whole game will become over-run with these offenders
  12. Staff, I really hope you are listening to the concerns expressed here.

Dozens of other users have joined in the complaints about begging - in this thread, and in several others.

I noticed someone leaving a few days ago, saying "the mods no longer listen to us".

Please prove them wrong, and do something about this.
    Retgool and matthew12hydro like this.
  13. I don't think donations are begging.
    I even ask nicely for a rupee donation once in a while (while=some days), and sometimes I do get donated!
    But the only reason I do get donated is beacuse I prove I deserve a donation!
    I am even working on a special perk for donators!
    I also donate to shops like chrisdog943's shop, and other which I think that do deserve a doantion.
  14. I think I'll take a note of everyone who says "asking for a donation isn't begging", and send them a message asking for a donation to the "Care for Herbrin3 - Really I Thank You" (CHARITY) foundation. Which I just invented.

And maybe 20 other people will ask you for donations, too. Every day. Because, that's what some of us have to put up with.

I am not actually suggesting we do this - I am just trying to make a point
  15. Finally,someone posted a thread like this! I could press the like button all day.

Exact amount of times I have been begged:
    here is an example of one.
    So I was running a small shop.buisness was terrible and I had less than 200r. And I get this private message from
    Saying: I'm in wild and I need rupees, I only have 6000
    derftyme likes this.

16. to all the people who beg
    DogsRNice likes this.
  17. i just had someone demanding to know where my res is
  18. Lol, he couldv'e just type /v dogsrnice or /v dogsrnice 2
    DogsRNice likes this.
  19. I saw someone begging for wood a while back, and i think it was Herbrin3 that had a GREAT response. He told the player that he would indeed give him free wood, big columns of wood stacked neatly under clusters of leaves out in the wild. I spit soda all over my keyboard and laughed hysterically. I believe the best way to deal with beggars is to waste their time, or ignore them. The next time someone is constantly begging, im gonna make them waste an hour to get crumbs. Maybe then they will figure out obtaining their own things is quicker than constant begging. I have helped many players giving them things, ect, especially new players but never give to someone who begs for everything.
    nnnnmc1 and sqiggleyjeff like this.
  20. Herbrin3 always has the best responses to people
    derftyme likes this.