The 2013 Lot Building Contest!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by AlexC__, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm surprised to see them in "default" texture, for some reason I honestly thought you had a texture pack of some kind you'd be using when you took the screenshots. Not sure why I'd think that, though. :confused:

Major props for burning through those entries so fast, Alex, and thank you. I imagine for some of these places, the harder part was deciding which three screenshots to use.

EDIT: Now that voting is open, this should probably get a bump back up the front newspage so people notice it again.
  2. I use and took screenshots with Faithful 32x, which is pretty much default but with a bit more detail. I figured that if I used any more altered textures or shaders some residences would look great whilst others would look like a mess, depending on what they're made of.
    Thank you! :) It was a lot of work but well worth it, especially seeing the great residences.
    Hopefully so; I've nagged asked Maxarias. :)
  3. I won't say whose I voted for but I will say that I was so impressed with everyone else's that I had to log back in and do more admiring. :)
    Kephras, Palmsugar and AlexChance like this.
  4. I didn't make it :( but, I did vote for some pretty cool ones
  5. Oh.. i missed the CAN earn... :p
  6. Do you have to be in the top 27 to win the other prizes like the wildcard prize and things?
  7. Dumbest mistake I've ever made:

Told Alex the wrong res number :(

Jcplugs and Haerhitman like this.
  8. Just voted :D All the builds look great! May the best build win!
  9. Yeah, they will :)
  10. Just a question, I went to residence 2425 on smp1, and it's nothing like the picture :confused:
    Did the owner change it, or is the number wrong?
    (Sorry if this has been asked before)
  11. Yeah, unfortunately the res owner reset the residence but it's still cool to vote for them. :)
  12. Sadly, it was reset. :( I'm glad you paid a visit to the residence itself though. Quite a few of the residences are impossible to get a good sense of in just three pictures.
  13. I did visit all the residences, I think that good projects are too big to fit in a few screenshots, and I'd recommend everyone to do the same thing if you have a few spare minutes.
  14. man to bad my res isnt good i would have liked to enter
  15. I decided just afterwards I needed a really awesome res to make up for the fact that mine wouldn't make it into the top 27.
    The one i'm building just diagonally to my res at 16139 might not even compare to the other residences we are voting on.
    Good Luck to the top 27 so far.
  16. can alts vote but not vote for themselves (I didn't even enter the contest)
  17. No, no alternate accounts at all :)
  18. You should make it more clear in post cause I thought I could vote using an alt because I wasn't going to be able to vote for myself since I did not participate. Would this mean that both the accounts would be DQ'd or would all but one?
  19. I'll just remove one vote from the count :)
    superg64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.