That moment when....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WayneKramer, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Rarer than dia's I guess lol. I didn't even know it could drop bread or torches! But I would say we have a controlled experiment here and iron seems to be the rarest drop. Arrows, I get that drop as they would fall off him from the battle. Iron I would think would be more common too as it's in arrows but bread? I mean... bread? What IS this guy? Suzie the homemaker, where's my cookies too?

As you can see behind us this is a kill chamber, I mean 101 withers in 2 hours? Can you imagine what would happen if they were all loose? They'd blow up a whole SMP let alone the waste. No, We had to think of the women and children in town. Especially when it was Difficulty 10. We did this on ps Diff 10 and gr Diff 10 and through testing it does make a difference by both set to 10.

Now, as far as the chamber goes. I have built these things many, many times. This is the best 1 yet. He does NOT break a single block during this process. There is a viewing area for those who's arms are sore from swinging that heavy sword. Did you know a Smite 5 sword weighs 24 ounces heavier than a Sharpness 5? Don't believe me? kill 101 withers then get back to me on that lol. Sure a smite 5 takes less swings but I didn't say amount of swings, weight. Sharp 5 is lighter due to it's thinness to *slice* through.. Ok OK way off track here :D

But That chamber is incredible. I use beacons to power us, Strength 2, Resist 2, Regen and speed just for fun. If you have any heads but are terrified of the wither just pm me and you too could be wither wrangler!

Merek
    MoreMoople, 607 and BenMA like this.
  2. Difficulty 10 for all withers. We used a kill chamber.
  3. Both at once? :eek:
  4. Only the right earbud stopped working, but considering I am mostly deaf in my left ear and the show(s) I am watching only had some music playing in the left and everything else in the right I decided I would buy a new pair. I use cheap $5-$10 earbuds from Walmart or Amazon so they always end up breaking eventually. This pair was like $8 and lasted 8 months so I am not gonna complain lol. Gonna eventually buy a headset for my pc, but now I just have my pair of Astro A40s for the xbox plugged into the computer temporarily xD.
    607 likes this.
  5. Right, I get that, but how on earth did you get around the lowered risk detection? Last time I tried to use one of these on a difficulty higher than 5, it refused to take any damage after the first swing because it couldn't see me.
    607 likes this.
  6. The one Merek has still allows the Wither to kill you if you aren't careful
    607 likes this.
  7. This,
    This was answered with,
    and the issue here is the design. I CANNOT stress enough how important it is to find the correct bedrock formation. With this formation you can get into the line of fire from the wither or stand on 1 block that he can't hit you but you can hurt him. He needs room to move ever so slightly but too much and he can tear apart your cage.

Delicate balance....

Merek~
    607 likes this.

8. I am letting all of you guess what happened, and how :p
  9. Hm... you found a bug but people were unable to reproduce it because they didn't understand your description of the set-up, and so jeb_ asked if he could just join your world to check it out?
    There's a problem with that idea, though... I've never heard of you hosting a server, and jeb_ wouldn't be able to connect via LAN. :p
    Egeau and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. Now he's just kindly afk-ing to test my farm, such that I can go into spectator mode :p

:p

No, I am running carpet mod, which is a mod filled with tools you can use for redstone. It has a spawn tracker, multiple ways to play with the game speed and differnt debug info on what is causing lagg, in adition to a lot of other genuenly usefull tools when developing farms. ot working on other contraptions (It also has a lot of features that have to do with TNT) It also fixes stuff like ghoast blocks, even when connected to a server, which is why I never have problems with ghost blocks on EMC :)
    One of the most usefull tools is a tool that allows you to spawn in a fake player, which, to your server, really looks like that player is connected, and, with that, your client thinks the same. The main difference to just connecting an alt via lan is that you can control this accound via your normal accound. So, I can ask it to start walking forwards, untill it is at a certain block, with a command on my normal accound, and it will do that. I can tell it to swap hands, or run clicking scripts, all via my main accound and without having to actually install a clicking script mod. Aditionally, this produces way less stress on my computter, as this accound doesn't actually render the things it sees or anything. It's a seperate client connected to the server, that doesn't actually exist. :)
    And, indeed, because it's a normal client to the server, it gives normal join and leave messages and you have to give this player a valid name for it to work server side. Most of the time, you can just do "Alex," which spawns a default skin, but any name can work, and the mod kinda breaks when the player you're spawning in actually joins, so you might aswell use a name of someone who will never join anyway... All people I know use either their alts, the default Alex and Steve, or join in Mojang developers. I, just like the creator of this mod, usually like to to the third :p

Now the three who liked my post have a screenshot with both Jeb_ and LadyAgnes :)

MoreMoople, TomvanWijnen, 607 and 2 others like this.
  11. Haha, that's cool. :D
    Egeau likes this.
  12. That moment when you already opened your 799th mail before receiving this.... :p

607, MoreMoople and wafflecoffee like this.
  13. How did he know? Did you just casually share your amount of unopened mails in chat? :P
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  14. No, we were chatting, he mailed me something for fun, and then I said that the command I used was "/mail get 799". :p
    wafflecoffee, Egeau and 607 like this.
  15. That moment when you read the description of Remote Shop Signs and realise that that they are (of course) not for *remote* shops out in the wild/frontier.
  16. That moment when the ordering isn't quite right... :p (see the times on the right of the first two threads)

17. What?!? :confused:
    I guess for all I know,that might occur more often... I never use that tab. :p But it's certainly strange.
  18. Huh, you don't use the New Threads tab? What do you use then?

I think I know why it happened: I pressed F5 instead of creating a new one. Every time you click on New Threads, it'll create a unique new one. Refreshing probably only shows the threads that were in there already, in their original order. :)
    607 likes this.
  19. Alerts. ;)

Ah, interesting!
  20. Yes, but how do you then find new threads?

This is something controversial. The person with the most posts on EMC doesn't use the "new threads" tab?! :p My EMC bookmark literally goes to the new threads page. :p
    607 and Raaynn like this.