Terraria Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Crazy1080, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In preparation for future updates, feel free to visit this page for the IRC channel that I set up that isn't very good at all.

Just put in your username, and for channel we're #EMT
    You can register if you please, but it's not required. Also, feel free to join #emc for Minecraft things. If you post on either one of those, I'm pretty likely to see it in a timely fashion.
  2. Round of applause for jaqiefox for hooking us up with a better hosting solution (her house) that is going to provide a much better lag free experience for everyone who actually enjoys playing this :p.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  3. For those who are just viewing the thread for updates.. The original post has been changed. The available IP is now

foxtecha.dyndns.org
    port 7777 for normal world (the original world you were playing on before)
    and port 7788 for the resetable harvest world :)

again.. a million thanks to jaqiefox for hosting.
    jaqiefox likes this.
  4. seems to be working great!

I may set up some sort of world backup every morning at like 2am PST, and the server defrags everything at 4am PST, so it may lag some at those times, but it should otherwise run fine. If not, let me know, because I am on gigabit to the server.

For those curious, it is an atom n330 dual core 1.6GHz with 2GB PC533 DDR2 in dual channel configuration, with an intel gigabit card, hooked to cable 20/4 connection.

I custom repurposed the case from an old external 2 bay SCSI housing into this PC over a couple years of piddling and putzing.

ISMOOCH likes this.
  5. I would like to try terraria, but first I need to figure how to play before I buy it.
    So its like minecraft, but 2D?
  6. They have similarities. It's 2D and side scrolling. You have NPC's you have to find/complete quests to get and build them houses. You have bosses, Hardmode which gives you rainbowy land with killer fairies and unicorns. Hell/Nether with demons and stuff, caves with worms and other things, floating islands with harpies, giant worms every now and then and fallen meteors at times. It has Biomes like Minecraft but it has mobs specific to them. Every now and then after a certain point you get a goblin army invasion, there are also bloodmoons where zombies swarm and can open doors, bunnies are corrupt and eyeballs attack. As for crafting you can make things just like minecraft. Sand makes glass, glass makes glass walls. You can use dirt in water to make mud, mud and something to make mudstone. Mine ores and make colored torches.

You eventually can make things like grappling hooks and drills as well.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  7. kinda, just a lot more stuff you can do in it
  8. Sounds intereseting, I might try it, is there like a peaceful mode?
  9. I don't know but you should really try it its an Action Platformer and its amazing
  10. Maybe Ill get it for my birthday :)
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  11. i was trying to make a joke and no one got it XD
  12. i cant log in? (btw i don't know my way round terraria besides singleplayer) so knowing me i will probably be doing something wrong :/
  13. works just fine for me, as well as others because someone was logging in and doing stuff while I was on this morning.
  14. when i enter 7777 for server port it wont let me press accept :/
  15. its put in by default, actually.
  16. ? im confused :/
  17. Someone killed skeletron... don't know who that was.

But in a feat of boredom I leveled the dungeon.
    o0_Jetfire_0o likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.