Terraria Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Crazy1080, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You killed the 4 eaters that had me trapped in a hole with 3 health left.
    That = helping.
  2. I don't think it's the complete opposite of Minecraft. There are things I like about each game. In Terraria you have bosses and objectives to complete. Minecraft you mine until you're bored, kill the enderdragon, the end. Terraria you don't have to crowd your inventory with food to make sure you don't starve to death, there are more things to mine, you can use the ores you mine to make colored torches and things. You can get a special thing from the Terraria forums to apply texture packs as well. I don't lag like crazy like I do in Minecraft when I play Terraria.
    jaqiefox and Crazy1080 like this.
  3. Well, I just had the amazing opportunity to fight off a goblin invasion by myself (for the most part).

It only took 40 minutes, too. And we only lost all of our NPCs.
  4. very laggy for me, hopped on just a bit. helped crazy1080 destroy a goblin army though. seems I got on right at the end.
  5. The lag is probably 'cause iSmooch is doing something with his internet. It's a lot smoother when he's playing with us.
    jaqiefox likes this.
  6. haha.. you guys chose like.. the worse time.. my brother was watching hulu, and wife was downloading a cd :p.. so.. bad timing xD really sorry about that.
    jaqiefox and Crazy1080 like this.
  7. so, will the server be up almost all the time, just like EMC? would this be ET (Empire Terraria)?
    Also, if I start with my character, can i play on Singleplayer mode with him?
  8. as of right now it has been up for 3 days with 2minutes of overall downtime.. I do not know how permanent this going to be.

Just to be clear, other than the fact the crazy1080 and myself play , there is no affiliation with EMC :p.
  9. Ok :) Also,
  10. What is your hang-up to running it long term? I may be able to help with equipment or even hosting it myself.
  11. I'm happy :) I have a Mac, but on Sunday, I'm getting a PC! :) Terraria FTW!
  12. What's your Render distance, your performance, and your Graphics?
  13. well right now it is simply running on a spare box i have, that my brother currently uses, but thanks to the very little amount of nothing that terraria needs to run, he does not even notice i have it running. My biggest issue is my DL/UL... my internet service in my area is very small bandwidth.. just a 2Mb down and 1Mb up.. so it is not ideal for anything long term, especially considering my wife, brother and I have other uses for the internet, and such a small bandwidth often has things interfering with efficient amount needed to host the server properly.

14. I have a laptop with Intel which apparently doesn't help.
  15. Please install optifine...
    either medium or light
  16. OH!
    I have comcast 20/4 and spare boxes running.
    Want me to host?
  17. Oh... Umm... Ok... I Play with this (MinecraftScreenSnapz001.pdf) And Get this (MinecraftScreenSnapz002.pdf)

Attached Files:

18. Server currently down.. moving homes :)
  19. The server's IP will be changing soon... I will update the OP to reflect the change as well as putting it in this post. :)
    Stay tuned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.