Techno's Memorial

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Mando_Din_Djarin, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Technoblade Memorial

By now, I'm sure we've all heard about the passing of Minecraft YouTuber Technoblade. It's always very sad when we lose someone who's as loved as Techno and we do our best to remember the good times we've had and try our best to honor their memory.

Which is why, after I finish the mining event, I plan to erect a statue in his memory. Haven't decided a location for it yet, but I will keep you all updated (via this thread) as I get closer to the construction of Techno's statue.
  2. techno dieing is sad
  3. Always is.

Bit of an update on the construction plans. Got an idea or recreating the Statue of Liberty's starburst base for the Techno statue to stand on (which, btw, any good vids for that particular base?). And, after talking with Zomberina yesterday, said base can also double as a memorial wall, where we can leave short messages for & about Techno (though, I may have a separate wall for the messages put in later).
  4. I did hear about it, from a friend! I also heard about him several times before, from my brother. I assume he already knows as well. Sad to hear, indeed!
    Edit: Woah, he was younger than I am. :eek:
    :(
  5. Techno's Statue update

Still haven't found a tutorial video on the Statue of Liberty's starburst base. However, The Dig Site mining event is underway and I plan to use some of the supplies from the event in the construction of the statue (thank god I had raided the SMP3 Shulker Shell farm a while back).

Update 2.0: Decided to go ahead and get the World Download of the one that ShulkerCraft did and take a look at the parts I want to use (mainly everything but Lady Liberty herself) and make a shopping list of what I'll need. Good thing I decided to take care of the Dig Site mining event first.
  6. I'm sure you know the waste will reset at some point. I don't see it resetting anytime too soon tho. That said, I have some building block I can donate for this. Give me a list of some block you don't have and need. I'll see that you get them for this memorial. He would be proud of the dedication you are putting forth for this! Good Job!
    Velma_T_Jinkies likes this.
  7. I was already planning on putting it up over in the Frontier. Just haven't decided where at exactly on the 'numbered' servers it'll be built.
    607 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  8. The scouting process has begun.

After upgrading my MC with 1.19-compatible mods (had some issues with it after we'd updated to EMC 1.19), I added Litematica to the lineup. Thanks to it, I was able to save the section of the Statue of Liberty build that ShulkerCraft had made that I wanted as a schematic. Once I find a good location for it, I'll put down the schematic hologram and begin the construction process (with materials obtained from my Dig Site mining event).
  9. Thought of this while at work today.

I know that we don't talk about other servers on here, but I feel that someone should let the Hypixel family know what's planned for Techno (since, if memory serves me correctly, the majority of his videoes were made on Hypixel).
    VoidDistortion likes this.
  10. Good news. Found a good place for it over on SMP8 and already laid down the border for it. After The Dig Site mining event is complete, I'll be heading over there to start construction. And, instead of Stone Bricks & Smooth Stone blocks, the base itself will be a mixture of Deepslate & Blackstone materials and the statue will be made from a mix of terracotta & concrete.
  11. Do you have any available screenshots for everyone to see?
  12. not yet. besides, nothing there but the border where it's going. Once I start work on it, then the screenshots will appear.
    607 likes this.
  13. Thanks to an auction that Zomberina held (and SMP6's Velmart shop being stocked), I got the items needed to make the Techno statue itself. We're getting close to officially breaking ground on the monument.
  14. Got around to editing the statue base to having deepslate & blackstone materials. This weekend, I'll get it 'printed' onto a single-player map and fine-tuning the parts that I couldn't edit in the schematic (i.e. wall, some slabs & corner-shaped stairs), along with building the statue itself onto the platform where it'll be.

Once I get that done, I'll take a photo of the exterior to show off what it'll look like when I finish building it on the server.
    CoffeeAffinity and Zomberina like this.
  15. So, where is this site at? I wish to take a look and see how it is so far
  16. Right now, I'm doing the construction in single-player, cause there was a few blocks that I couldn't change in Schematic Editing mode (i.e. the blocks mentioned in my last post), so I'm going in with Printer Mode on, then turning it off to change those blocks individually (also printing a few layers at a time, to make it easier for me to do those changes).

Construction of it on the server won't happen until The Dig Site mining event is complete.
    CoffeeAffinity and 607 like this.
  17. oh ok
  18. Good news on the memorial front. The Dig Site mining event is complete. I'll be taking some of the stuff from there back to my Utopia res of Mandalore to prep for construction. Once I do that, I'll be heading over to SMP8 to get things going.
    607 likes this.
  19. I am quite curious what you mean by this, but I can't grasp it because one of the sentences is ungrammatical. "someone should let the Hypixel family what's planned for Techno". Family is not a verb, is it?
  20. Oops, got it fixed.

Anyway, got what it'll look like on the server, fully completed, over on single-player. And, as promised, here's the exterior view of the statue...

Right now, I'm over on SMP8, flattening out the section of land I picked out for the statue location. Once that's done, I'll start work on the statue, one layer at a time.