Taking some time off of EMC.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, May 26, 2017.

1. I honestly hate to say this, but I feel like I have to tell the truth now.

I've decided that I will not return to EMC for now. I'll still be very slightly active, but will spend little or no time actually playing in-game. The different reasons are listed in their own spoilers below.

I've been on EMC for over 800 days, and this really was a great community until it died down. However, most of my friends on EMC have been inactive for at least the past few months, and I haven't been active enough to make many new ones. Recently, I haven't seen the point in making new friends in-game because I've been doing so IRL.

I haven't completely lost interest in EMC, but I've lost a lot of it and gained interest in other things. I play other games more often now, and I enjoy riding scooters, swimming, and things like that with my real life friends. So, EMC just isn't a high priority anymore, and it's hard to make time for everything.

A social boost in mid May and my list of things to do in late May are becoming overwhelming, and this burst of activity will probably continue into June and possibly July. So, I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to, and I have to sacrifice something due to that.

I thought that joining a Minecraft server would give me something good to do while being homeschooled and make up for the lack of real life friends. For over a year and a half, it did, but I recently found ways to reconnect with my real life friends, and EMC started to have a negative impact on my educational progress about 6 months ago. At first, I thought I could try to work harder and still play EMC, but that didn't work. Now, I've decided to leave EMC for good because I have friends IRL again, have other interests, and will need to work harder for high school whether I remain homeschooled or not.

It's been fun, and I honestly hate to just leave you like this, but I have to because of real life. This isn't necessarily the end because:
    1. I may return in the future.
    2. I'll still be active on forums, but maybe less.
    3. I'll probably still check in periodically.
    4. I may even still vote, but possibly not.
    Thank you so much for being a wonderful community to me and to one another. I still dearly honor what a great job EMC's staff have done to keep our community great and what a great place the Minecraft Paradise Outpost turned out to be.
  2. Goodbye We3_MPO. :) Wiah you the best of luck in real life. Hopefully you return. I understand most of these reasons GL
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Hey dude! You will be missed greatly, emc certainly isn't the same as it was back in the day and lots of players are inactive yes. But I'll still be here if you ever wanna chat! Hope you have fun wherever life takes you :)
    We3_MPO likes this.