Taking a step back

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexC__, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Hello all! It has been a while since we chatted.

I find myself in the very sad situation where I have to take a step back from EMC. Unfortunately, my real life has engulfed much of the time I previously dedicated to the server.

It has been a fantastic 7.2 years (!!!) on the staff team, and I've truly enjoyed the honour of serving you. Everyone on the team delivers something to the table, day in, day out - but I should especially acknowledge the tireless work of Aikar, Chicken, Elfin, Krysyy, and Moople.

I was originally going to slip away into the night, but I instead decided to try and use this thread to do one more thing: encourage you to apply to be a staff member on EMC! We can all benefit even more from people like YOU helping out on the team. Being a staff member delivers untold rewards far beyond just clout - I promise that you will develop many valuable bonds and skills.

A very important pathway to joining the staff team involves taking time to answer this question: what can I do to bring even more value to the community? Chances are, if you frequently execute on the answer to this question, you will find yourself a greenie.

This community is a fantastic, welcoming space. It will be for a long time. Take the resignation of inactive old dinosaurs like me as a reason to step up and become a bigger part of the community. It's worth it.

All the best!
  2. Good journeys Alex! Hope we see you back again :)
    liamwill likes this.
  3. Thank you for your service!
    And I am very glad you are encouraging others to step up. :)
  4. You will be greatly missed, thanks for everything :)
    liamwill likes this.
  5. Thanks for everything AlexC_. I believe it was you who kept me on EMC before block protection by answering all my messages after every griefing.
    607 likes this.
  6. Thank you for your service, Alex! You have been a fantastic Senior Staff and Contribution Team Leader for many years now, and I greatly appreciate everything you've done. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to work with you the last three years. I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors. :) <3
    607 and liamwill like this.
  7. Thank you for you're service alex, sad to see you go :( Contrib will miss you

Goodluck on whatever comes next!
    wafflecoffee and liamwill like this.
  8. Perfect choice my guy. Personal priorities are always #1. If you ever return, I'll be sure to welcome you back! :D
  9. Apparently his #1 personal priority isn't EMC, though. :p But that's okay! It isn't mine either. ;)
  10. hope you see you around occasionally in the future my old friend :) thank you for all you have contributed to EMC!