[SURVEY] Recent Auction Changes

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. True, arguing about the rule changes themselves seems pointless either way.

The only thing I am wondering about is how many players still care about all this. See, it's nice that we can now voice our opinion in a survey but I cannot help but wonder how many players already moved on and basically stopped caring about the auctions entirely (I can name a few).

Will those be taking this survey as well? Who knows, but there is a chance that they won't because let's be honest: this whole thing never gave off the impression "working with the community", not to me at least. And if more players feel / felt this way then why would they bother with taking a survey if you're convinced up front that nothing will change (back) anyway?

For the record: I did take the survey, but still with mixed feelings ;)
  2. i didnt even take the survey

thank you rhy.

edit: i'm not gonna take the survey at all anyway, since i'm inexperienced with these new changes. I have my opinions based on what i read, but that's nothing compared to actual auctions anyway.
  3. i do not intend to start drama with this. if you want to argue, pm me. it's better that way.

i am in that group that doesnt do auctions unless i find something worth bidding for (maybe once a month or less), so i will not vote in this survey/i will be mainly neutral in the arguments over this unless i see something noticeably wrong (which i admit, i have, but i have chosen to remain silent as to not stir drama).

however, i'd like to point out the use of auction profits as info to be very useless in discussing differences in auction profits/value for items (other than Krysyy's original post, that's really the only thing they could use to display any form of considerable change other than the amount of auctions. the amount of auctions isn't very useful without what the auction profits were, since auctions can easily not get bids), as that information itself is more unstable than a house of cards. auctions are unpredictable, as many have said.

from a general perspective, i don't see how this information is relevant in arguments. if it is, gladly fill me in using a pm. i don't get butthurt if i'm wrong and i will accept your explanation if it has legit facts.

also, please don't use me or anyone else in arguments without their consent from now on. i wish i didn't have to say that but apparently i do.

thanks for fixing my spoiler chickeneer
  4. All of these perceptions are from the buyers perspective not the Auctioneers. i'm done arguing. i'm just sad sorry for the angry tone everyone.
  5. Fixed it for you. It was because you formatted your spoiler tags.
    ArkonXT, ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  6. I honestly want to see the overall results of the survey after all is said and done. Just to know what the overall reactions to the changes were and see whether the staff will actually take the community's thoughts into account.
    ArkonXT and ASliceOfRhyBread like this.
  7. Except that's not true. Despite what some players seem to believe, there are many staff members who were and are active in the EMC economy. To think that these staff would make decisions for the EMC economy without everyone being considered is short-sighted, especially when those decisions would affect their own gameplay.

In fact, I would consider myself one of your "auctioneers," since I hosted numerous auctions before my promotion to Senior Staff. I bumped all of those auctions and advertised them in-game, among other things, to get people to look at my auction. However, after careful consideration and discussion, I agreed to the changes for a few different reasons (some of which weren't discussed in the original thread, but are not important to discuss now).

Yet this was always with the understanding that we would re-evaluate the changes and monitor the auction forums, in case things did not turn out how we were expecting. Though so far, I have been happy with the changes I've seen and am excited to see how the auction forums continue to evolve with time.
  8. thank ya ;)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. Not a question about auctions but will we have a labor day promo this year
    Bromine_XD and FadedMartian like this.
  10. We will not; decided to give the poor Devs a break from labor on Labor Day this year. ;)

For future reference, try to keep threads on topic; if you ever have a question and can't find a thread for it, feel free to private message a staff member and we are happy to help!
  11. Thanks to everyone who had given feedback thus far. We've seen quite a good response to this survey and will hopefully have some results to share in the next few days.

Not that it makes much sense, but here's my raw auction data for those that feel like wastin time.
    http://imgur.com/a/jfkpFGY
  12. I still stand on what I said.
    I am too, too many flashbacks to the illegal mod days. Very curious when the survey turns out
  13. I like how "rhy" is the only name that's not completely spelled out
    JohnKid and ASliceOfRhyBread like this.
  14. He's changed it too many times. Ain't nobody got time for remembering that ;)
  15. Automatic timer that wouldn't allow it to be used too soon after.
    crystaldragon13 and Bromine_XD like this.
  16. I guess I'm still bothered by something. I feel like you missed the point of what I was asking earlier. You very clearly state, on a very regular basis, how this is a community. I was more concerned with why this wasn't polled in the first place, to garner public opinion on this COMMUNITY matter, thus making any changes feel as though they were a community decision overall. Instead, I feel as if you got a few complaints, made some big decisions/changes that were ill received, and then went into damage control with this data and survey. I do actually favor the some of the changes, however I feel this entire series of events was ham-handed. Sorry...I guess I would have minded less if I felt I was part of the change, not a bystander. I mean isn't that how you make people feel like they are a part of a community, you know, by including them?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. I believe the reason they didn't poll the community or do anything like that until this point is because they wanted data about how the system would actually take effect before making changes. It's easy for people to say that the change is going to be good or bad, but until the system has actually worked for itself, there's no knowing for sure what could actually happen
    MoreMoople, JohnKid, Hashhog and 3 others like this.
  18. Who did the very damaged anvil? Also, who is my new best friend? xD
    FadedMartian likes this.
  19. it was windylava haha
  20. I agree with this point of view. I also noticed this...

This quote is from the beginning. So it seems clear to me that the changes (and the survey) were deliberate steps in a larger plan.
    It's been an interesting month for auctions, and I'm really curious to see what the next steps will be after staff review our survey responses.
    Jay2a, JohnKid, Hashhog and 2 others like this.