Supporter Subscriptions a little to much?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Supaflyray32, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Okay yeah that makes more sense.. so it's like a 'bank' haha
  2. Yeah we thought about calling it a bank but didn't want to cause confusion with rupees or that is had fees or something.
  3. I just thought of an idea Justin. If you put Rupee's in the 'Vault' it can act like a bank where you can receive interest off the bank each day. More Rupee's you 'Deposit' into the Vault, the more interest you receive?
  4. It may be possible in the future to do a bank and interest idea of some sort. I am already playing around with some new ideas and uses for rupees in the future :)
  5. Interesting suggestion Tom.

I actually don't think interest fits with the economic system in the Empire though. Interest is money from nothing for nothing.

Come to think of it, the daily rupee bonus is exactly that, so interest on the rupees you have might replace the daily rupee bonus, otherwise it would just stand as an additional rupee bonus based on how much money you have. That could be ok too really... if it somehow became evident that the rupee bonus should be increased.

An bank that you put rupees into would actually be redundant. There is already a system in place for the storage and transfer of currency.
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  6. Go complain to xbox and tell them to reduce their prices. Thank you, have nice day :)
  7. i tried they said GG go QQ to sony....i was like FUUUUUU!!!! ok i will take a one year sub now plz xDDDD
    MR2R2M likes this.
  8. Hahahah u make me lol... now time to go pick up my MW3 coppy... laters!!!!, will put photos on when i come back!
  9. lol have fun :p
  10. The reason I support is because i want this community to succeed, with out us the supporter you wouldn't have a server thats always up. A server that is a huge achievement in the minecraft world. A server that has very good staff thats works on the server DAILY insteed of RL(real life) stuff. Hell i think there a story around here talking about how much time Justin has taken off of work to fix the server or add more capacity. Now the rewards i get as a donator there just a bonus for helping the community. Their not ment to give you an advantage over someone who dosnt pay that 5$. Think of the reward as a thank you for helping. Hell i rarely get on anymore to play because im always busy at work. But ill still help out because i like the people here.

Found that post :

MR2R2M, Dark_Liz and slozon like this.
  11. personnaly I think the fee is very fare, it helps empire minecraft grow and in return you get acess to the server without worrying about the player limit and also get acess to utopia, I think XBL is nearly triple the cost to play then emc. as soon as I get another part time job I will hope to become a supporter
  12. xbl is 6 months of gold sub on here...js both are worth it imo....180 a year for gaming and having fun(this includes a year of live) not bad at all
  13. I object against the idea of exchanging money for rupees. My mom will not want me to spend money on a "useless"game. And what if there are rich people? They could just get like a million rupees and need not have to make a shop and sell stuff and go mining. That would take away all the fun. Right?
  14. I am completely against micro transactions of any kind on any Minecraft server... Donating is one thing. In game currency is another. Tying 2 economies together, that is irresponsible. The REAL economy is down, lets not make it reflect in-game as well...
    ZerreissenDirge likes this.
  15. honestly there isn't much of an economy on the server right now most people are just tryin to undercut the next so they sell out faster i really don't see how it could hurt it much worse
  16. The idea of enabling the purchase of additional in-game currency is ludicrous. This will open the Empire to a class system, as exists in any economy... Look at the U.S. our Dollar is overinflated because we do not have it on the gold standard any longer. No more money? Okay, just print some more...

This is the same concept as purchasing Rupees with the Dollar, Pound, Euro, or any other currency in the world... Once everyone can just buy more rupees, eventually all prices will rise with the inflation, leading to overpriced basic items...
    Dvoridex likes this.
  17. Imo supporter subscriptions are quite cheap (5$ is cheap) so they should not be changed but what i'd like however is option to pay more at once for a longer period of time (like 30$ for 6 months and 60$ for a year).
    JustinGuy likes this.
  18. and minecraft is healthier too :p
  19. OBVIOUSLY, i want it cheaper, who doesnt... (Apart from the admins) but quiet frankly, what i want more is a one off. Like buy supporter for 1 Month rather than continuos and prefferably add a mobile payment function.. No Joke you would get heaps more supporters with mobile available.
  20. i agree. we should keep the current mineconomy going as is. it works, and it works well