[Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KelsieJ, Aug 14, 2017.

1. For the past two days I've been trying to make a nether tunnel linking two portals and was considerably confused why I couldn't seem to get them to match up with the nether/overworld ratio of 1:8. I looked on the nether wiki page and all it said was that it functioned the same as vanilla minecraft. After a long time trying to figure it out I looked on the overworld page where it finally did mention that on EMC it is a 1:1 ratio. I just wanted to suggest that maybe on the nether wiki page someone could mention that the ratios are different than vanilla minecraft. Thanks!
    607, ShelLuser and JesusPower2 like this.
  2. The nether : overworld ratio in the Frontier is still 1:8. It's only 1:1 in the Wastelands, which has a limited world size and wasn't made for building in. The Wastelands were made for resource mining, so the overworld and nether have the exact same world size and the worlds are regularly reset. Because of this, they were scaled to 1:1. If you want that 1:8 ratio, you need to be in the Frontier overworld/nether.
    JesusPower2, 607 and KelsieJ like this.
  3. Sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for.

Here is a page for the changes from vanilla, in case you haven't come across it already
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/changes-from-vanilla-minecraft/

The Wastelands has a limited world size (8000 x 8000).
    • In the Wastelands, there is a 1:1 block travel distance between the overworld and the Nether. One traveled block in the Nether is equal to one traveled block in the overworld.

Specifically it does mention the nether size, although I agree with you that this maybe deserves a prominent mention on the Nether page as well.
    Jay2a and 607 like this.
  4. Apart from what has been said above...

What exactly happened? Did you end up in other places with pre-build portals or did you somewhat constantly got new portals to appear?

Some things depend a little on where you were building, but this might still be a good read for getting your portals aligned. And if you need more detailed information then this tutorial is also quite good, covering many different portal scenarios. Most of which should also be easily doable on the Empire as well, as long as you build in the Frontier of course.
  5. I was trying to build a nether tunnel from a spawn hub to a wastelands End Portal. I built a portal near spawn and built another one near the stronghold and was trying to find a path between them in the Nether. I went several hundred blocks trying to find the other, checking coordinates, doing math, dodging ghasts, just totally confused why none of it was making sense. Just a misunderstanding, it's no big deal! Also, thanks for mentioning that it actually is 1:8 in Frontier cause there's a good chance I would have just assumed sometime in the future and ended up a couple thousand blocks past my target! ;)
    607 likes this.
  6. There's a pretty clear stronghold that I know of really close to spawn on a different Smp if you want to know where that one is. It might be easier
  7. The one on SMP5 isn't hard to get to at all, it's pretty much just straight north across the ocean for a thousand or so blocks. I was just thinking I could shorten that so easy! Or...not. lol