[SUGGESTION]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by henpenben, May 27, 2013.

1. Redstone is somewhat broken on EMC: Sticky pistons do not respond correctly to monostable circuits. Normally, when throwing a one-tick pulse at a sticky piston it would only pull or retract, but on EMC it pushes and retracts the block. I would love it if this were fixed. It's not an SMP bug; these circuits work on other servers.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Yeah this bug has been here for a while.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. lol I forgot a title...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. bump.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. It's not a bug, it's a change Aikar made to the piston behaviour in order to prevent several duplication machines that used one tick pistons.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Oh. Well there are no dupe machines anymore, so we could reinstate one-tick privileges.
    (as far as I know)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Vanilla still has a lot of duplication machines that use one tick piston, untill the problem is corrected in vanilla I doubt the change is reverted here.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Are you sure? Try finding one anywhere. (for Bukkit)
    EDIT: Vanilla Bukkit of course.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I really wouldn't know about bukkit, perhaps they have corrected this issue in a different way than Aikar did. If so then maybe we will get one-tick pistons back; I would like that.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Since 1.5.* no duplication bugs have existed as I know of in vanilla (as a semi-active searcher) and only one in Bukkit: The boat destruction wood duplication bug, which has nothing to do with pistons.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. We use Spout, which uses Bukkit but with more fixes.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Oh. But that probably means less duplication bugs if any exist in the first place.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. and also more optimization.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Cool.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. :confused:
    Alerts: 6...
    Equinox_Boss liked your post in thread: [SUGGESTION]
    ...okaaaay then.
  16. You have been equinoxed
  17. ...is that like...a thing?
  18. I'm not sure I kinda just say it sometimes.
  19. We will not be undoing that change, sorry. That change is also a future-proof safe guard.

Due to the way pistons work, this "behavior" was actually a bug in the piston coding.

Pistons are not MEANT to behave like that, so when it did happen, thats where chance for dupe bugs occured.

By removing that bug, it drastically reduces the chance pistons can be used for any "zero day" dupe exploits.

You should not rely on broken redstone mechanics too seriously as mojang could fix them also any day too.
  20. I know where you are coming from, it definitely bothers me and makes things more over complicated than they already are. This 'bug' is basically used mainly in T flip flops, which you can work around. Other things are also broken but I think all in all i can work around them and that these changes have made me a better redstoner. So in my mind +1 to Aikar :)