[SUGGESTION] Zombie Virus converts villagers

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Ryko369, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Not my idea originally but I figured I'd post here in case Arbiter never does since I love this idea.
    What if the Zombie Virus could be turned into a splash potion in a brewing stand and you could throw it on villagers to convert them into a zombie villager.
    Since EMC only has a 50% chance of conversion because the difficulty is always set to normal this could be a way to get that 100% conversion.
    Zombie virus is not too useful in it's current form and this could give it an interesting use.
    Zombie virus has to be obtained from zombies or momo so that kind of keeps it from being too OP or anything.
    I'd say it wouldn't work in town or it could and have a flag attached to it, but I don't care too much about that personally.

Let me know what you think of this idea.
    Tuqueque, DrasLeona247, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. Honestly I think it's too OP. 100% conversion rate? Imagine what that would do to all the trade values and whatever is left to the economy?

A game needs challenge, something to strive for, goals to reach with failure being an option. That said I do think the 50% is a bit low. A splash potion as mentioned could increase it by say 10% which may or may not work, driving up demand for virus pots while not being too OP.

I give this idea a +1 with some tweaks.
  3. Oh, nice idea!

Why would that be OP? It's just twice as likely as without, and a bit simpler. The item needed is expended, and not very common.
  4. Don't get me wrong, I'd use it. But at 100% conversion rate.... Seems too much IMO. I have many DC's of this and could exploit many many trades this way. I do love the idea as stated
  5. I mean, in vanilla on hard difficulty, the conversion rate for villagers when killed by a zombie is 100%.
    So do you consider that too op also?
    Fred_TWK and 607 like this.
  6. You know... You have a point there which I didn't consider when I 1st thought about it. I agree and the more this topic has me thinking about it, I think it would be awesome to have this feature! I am opened minded and after a bit of chat back n forth I feel differently now... This is why I love discussing topics :)

Hope this goes through. Great idea from you and Arbiter!
    607 likes this.