{Suggestion/whine} Impossible advancement send help

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by OhMiku, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Due to not being able to push mobs through portals, this is impossible (unless ghasts spawn in the overworld now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

Send help.

Don't worry guys, this one is also impossible, due to not being able to use invisibility potions.
  2. If you make a trap out of cobblestone and wait in the nether, You may get lucky with one to spawn. Have a wide gap leading down to some portals (Block them up on the outerside). If the ghast goes down, It'll get taken to the overworld where you can kill it and complete the advancement.

(This is a long shot, I have not tested. Might work, Might not)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Mobs can not go through portals.
  4. You aren't trying hard enough
  5. I just got a ghast to go through a portal in singleplayer. You have to use a bigger one or else it can't get through. It does work. It's not like they'd include an impossible advancement. If mobs can't go through on EMC, It's something to report as it works fine in vanilla.
  6. It's disabled on EMC, that is the entire point of this thread.
    ThaKloned, BenMA and 607 like this.
  7. First +1 on the suggestion.

I already explained how you can override Minecraft advancements, so maybe that could be used to remove the requirement for the invisibility potion.

Further more: mobs can most definitely pass through nether portals on EMC *. I once used this trick in my Frontier game to get rid of some nether hounds which were invading my nether teleportation room. In my example they were sent into limbo because no one was around in the overworld, but I am planning on trying this again sometime to see if Aya can catch one ;)

(edit)

* I just checked the wiki and you're right: it's not supposed to work, but that nether hound was definitely gone last time I tried.
  8. Yah if they couldn't then you'd never see working overworld pigmen farms.
  9. If mobs could not go through portals on EMC, Pretty much every overworld gold farm would be rendered useless. Pigmen are mobs. They pass through a nether portal. Mobs can go through portals on EMC.

EDIT: Ninja'd by EmpireMall :(
  10. Pigmen spawn on the portals, they don't walk through.
  11. Well, not entirely... That's not exactly caused by pigmen passing through the portal, but more so from pigmen spawning near those nether portals.

(edit) Ninja'd by Runder :D
    PetezzaDawg and 607 like this.
  12. The over world pigmen farms do not rely on pigmen walking through the portals. There is a %age chance per "portal square"to spawn a pigmen in the overworld, the larger the frame the more squares the higher the chance to get a spawn. Built one on SMP9 with 18,000 squares. Groups of 20x20x3 obsidian frames stacked 3 wide and 5 deep.
  13. And if A Furious Cocktail is impossible, How Did We Get Here? of course is, too.
    Yeah, those should get changed, or removed. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. The Next generation, Uneasy alliance, and Furious coctail advancements need to be edited /replaced.
  15. If next generation is the dragon egg one, Aikar is leaving that in for when Dragon eggs become more available.
    607, ShelLuser and NuclearBobomb like this.
  16. The disabled it as it's under the same section for minecarts as people could use it for dupping.
  17. Still... If this would be considered then there is yet another advancement which might need changing. There is a hidden advancement in the game, one you won't notice unless you either actually try to do this or if you studied the advancements like I have (custom advancements are one of my favorite things to build).

Just to prevent actually spoiling unwanted surprises I'll spoiler this...

'Behind' the Explosive mixture cocktail (apply all potion effects) is yet another advancement called "How Did We Get Here?", but it's hidden. It requires that you gain all status effects in the game. So mining fatigue, invisibility (this is the impossible one), and so on...

In fact, I'll share the list:

Code:
        "criteria": {
            "all_effects": {
                "trigger": "minecraft:effects_changed",
                "conditions": {
                    "effects": {
                        "minecraft:speed": {},
                        "minecraft:slowness": {},
                        "minecraft:strength": {},
                        "minecraft:jump_boost": {},
                        "minecraft:regeneration": {},
                        "minecraft:fire_resistance": {},
                        "minecraft:water_breathing": {},
                        "minecraft:invisibility": {},
                        "minecraft:night_vision": {},
                        "minecraft:weakness": {},
                        "minecraft:poison": {},
                        "minecraft:wither": {},
                        "minecraft:haste": {},
                        "minecraft:mining_fatigue": {},
                        "minecraft:levitation": {},
                        "minecraft:glowing": {},
                        "minecraft:absorption": {},
                        "minecraft:hunger": {},
                        "minecraft:nausea": {},
                        "minecraft:resistance": {}
                    }
                }
            }
        }

It is actually a longer list than the explosive mixture, and therefor even harder. This is the list of requirements for the explosive cocktail:
    Code:

"criteria": {
            "all_effects": {
                "trigger": "minecraft:effects_changed",
                "conditions": {
                    "effects": {
                        "minecraft:speed": {},
                        "minecraft:slowness": {},
                        "minecraft:strength": {},
                        "minecraft:jump_boost": {},
                        "minecraft:regeneration": {},
                        "minecraft:fire_resistance": {},
                        "minecraft:water_breathing": {},
                        "minecraft:invisibility": {},
                        "minecraft:night_vision": {},
                        "minecraft:weakness": {},
                        "minecraft:poison": {}
                    }
                }
            }
        }

... just when you thought things were easy, huh? :D
  18. Sorry for a double post but this is a bit different than my previous one... I am going to try and test out the portal teleportation, hopefully this evening.

But...

I was wondering... Maybe they could combine potion effects. For example: if you apply yourself with invisibility you'd get both invisibility and glowing. To my knowledge glowing has no effect on the way mobs behave around an invisible player yet that part would always make you easily seen (even better than before!) by other players. That could rule out any means for abuse.

And in addition it would make these advancements possible as well.
    Dee6983 likes this.
  19. I am fairly certain that ghasts killed in mobarena/death events would suffice to trigger that achievement. Probably just needs to be a ghast kill in the overworld. (non-nether).

As for the invisibility potion dilemna. We (the dev team need to mull this one over more).
    Rundercaster, ShelLuser, 607 and 2 others like this.
  20. Until advancements are cross server, I can not complete this on my home server where I am trying to get all of the advancements.

Make them cross server kthx
    The_D1rt_Lord likes this.