[SUGGESTION] Voter's Trident

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Yixomua, Aug 4, 2018.

1. I think we should add a Voter's Trident as a one-time voting reward (after the server updates to 1.13). Maybe for like 300 something vote bonus. Every other piece of equipment in the game is a voting reward, so I don't see why we shouldn't have tridents. It would also add a little more incentive to vote for people with higher vote bonuses.
    JParsonsX and Tuqueque like this.
  2. +1

I definately want to see a voting trident of some sort when EMC is 1.13, but it will have to be balanced, and there are many enchantments which Tridents can have.

It would be nice to have one with Impaling I, Sharpness I, Loyalty and Looting III. Which would make it a second voter melee weapon.

but,

There is also the option to make them a traveling tool(Which we don't have any as voter tools) by giving it just Riptide 3 (maybe even Riptide 4).
    So I would definately want the second one to have more diversity to the voter's tools.

It would also be cool to be able to use the Riptide effect inside of Town while outside of water (vanilla only allows it when raining or while inside of water) So yeah, many options

But, nonetheless, I wouldn't want it to be released with the 1.13 update since I want to explore the 1.13 update and earn the trident. Being a player with a vote bonus of 1182, I will most likely recieve the trident immediatly after its release. So yeah, I would like to see it, if it gets implemented, some weeks after the 1.13 update gets to EMC.

As for Vote Bonus level, I would put it at 500 vote bonus or near it, since 300 already has an item given out.
    JParsonsX likes this.
  3. 'Will have to start voting some more
  4. I think it would be a bit OP as it would most likely have loyalty so it would eliminate alot of the need to get your own trident. Like with even the diamond tools/ weapons most people have their own ones with better enchants because of how easy those tools are to get. Tridents aren't craftable so instead of trying to get them right away people will just use the voters one until tridents are very common to have. If it didn't have loyalty (but didn't despawn or returned after a minute with a custom enchant like "returning" maybe then it would give a much better incentive to get your own. I would totally support this if it had something like "returning" that I described earlier instead of loyalty.

Edit: Also I agree with Tuqueque that the vote bonus should be higher
    ASliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  5. Not every piece of equipment is a voters reward. There isn’t, to my knowledge a voters elytra. Also I think that if there is a voters trident there shouldn’t be any enchants on it but loyalty I.
  6. I said 300 something vote bonus based off the fact that all the one-time voting rewards are with 25 vote bonuses of each other, but I could see it being higher. In terms of the enchantments, they'll have to somehow always return the trident to the player, as per the nature of voter's items. So loyalty wouldn't be very useful. It's really up to the dev team to balance everything if they want to implement this.

Sorry, I forgot about the elytra.