[Suggestion] Visual alias in form of item and option to make "all vaults" menu default

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by The_D1rt_Lord, Jul 1, 2017.

1. So since I like to do stuff on others servers like participate for events as well as create redstone for people as part as my redstone business I have decided to scrap the idea of making a storage system on one smp and put all my stuff into my vault.

Problem is when I do /vault rstone or /vault wood I often forget the name and I much rather like doing /vault then clicking on the chest icon at the bottom (which I will refer to as "all vaults" menu) then hovering over all the chests icon telling me there vault number and what I named them. Thats time consuming though so what if somehow instead of having a chest icon for every single vault to represent we can change it. My redstone vault could be represented by a redstone block and my wood section could be an oak log.

If this were to get added then it would be even better to have an option so when you do /vault instead of taking you to vault one it takes you to "all vaults" menu so you can easily select which vault you want to open.
    BlitzAttack, K_Kick and AyanamiKun like this.
  2. +100 (all my vault pages! :D)

is true... u could do /vault list and u saw a list of 10 pages and names. using ur mouse 2 go over them is more work. its a very cool interface but harder 2 use.

it would be really cool if it were possible 2 have the icon in /vault list show something else. like the 1st item in ur vault. so... i put dirt in page 30 so page 30 would show dirt icon. i put sugarcane in 35 so 35 would show cane icon.

it would really help!
  3. +1 This idea makes so much sense and is so simple hope it doesnt get taken lightly
  4. lol I wonder y u hate storage systems?
  5. XD
  6. This was denied when /vault list was released due to it taken so much data for just one account
    But +1
    UltiPig, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  7. Although I see what you mean I can't help wonder if the amount is that much more than, say, the interface you get when using /res set, or /res pset <player name>. It's also a chest interface where you basically get 1 SC of various icons.

Of course there's a difference here: everyone gets the same set of icons, which means that this might be cacheable.
  8. Indeed. If everyone gets the same icons, the icons don't have to be stored for every user separately.
  9. so maybe allow us 2 chose from specific set of icons?
  10. Here's my thing with it. The task of clicking one extra item when opening a vault is not a difficult one, so why should we waste time developing it when we could, oh I don't know, make Dragon Tombs? That thing that we've been waiting on for years. Or, maybe we could do Empires, the thing EMC needs in order to not die. Just doesn't seem useful enough to use our valuable, and seeming limited, time on.
  11. Bonus points to whoever finds the thread where we talked about this after we released the new feature.
    UltiPig and BenMA like this.
  12. 607 and chickeneer like this.
  13. Have player only change icon for an X number of vaults, and increase with supporter perk.

Also be able to set a default for the other vaults(which arent custom) instead of a chest
  14. I have a good idea on what it should look like. We gotta stick that data somewhere though. Aikar does the database management, so I need his input.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  15. Have you gotten that input yet?
  16. Nope
  17. Filed a ticket - http://track.emc.gs/issue/EMC-1611

I feel like this would be a nice new diamond exclusive supporter perk.

And DB changes will be minor :p so I can get that in then hopefully one of the other devs can work this.
    mjnoe70, 607 and ShelLuser like this.