[Suggestion] Vine shear flag

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MiphaOfTheZora, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've tested trying to give another player the ability to shear vines on my lot, and know it's not possible without granting them build perms. I know there's a shear flag setup for sheep. But would it be possible to include a sub flag for vines also? It would really help my public flower farm out to have that option ^_^
  2. +1 :) No reason not to have it.
  3. +1

Sounds useful.
  4. +1 would certainly be a nice feature, for various reasons:)
    ChespinXMas2k16, Kytula and Tuqueque like this.
  5. I asked for something similar. I'd imagine it could be added to this. Growth sub flag for vines. Some times you wanna design something on your res using vines but you don't want them to grow any further.
    ChespinXMas2k16, Kytula and Gawadrolt like this.
  6. +1 for sure.

Off topic response: I agree thakloned that would be nice to be able to do in town. I had to figure out ways to keep them from growing being all inventive with my detailing.
  7. Wouldn't you be able to break the top block too, then, making it so that the vines don't grow back?
    Kytula and ChespinXMas2k16 like this.
  8. You could make it so the top is out of reach?
    Kytula likes this.
  9. You can put string around it in the meantime
    Kytula likes this.
  10. +1 I have a whole DC of vines growing in 1 place. Very useful and there are ways to prevent breaking the growth vine. Besides if you give vine perms you're already trusting that person to do it. The person getting the perms wants the vines so they will know how to harvest them correctly. The only downfall I see is someone not knowing how to harvest properly and destroying them.
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  11. How? I thought about ways of doing that, but I couldn't think of anything that would prevent players from climbing up and still allow the vines to spread downwards.
    Kytula likes this.
  12. Have free standing vines that are unclimbable.
  13. I can show you a pic of my small build that works if ya want?
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  14. They can't climb up the vines this way but can shear up 6 blocks I believe.
    RumJumbie, 607 and Kytula like this.
  15. I've built one at 2113 already and noticed I used the wrong blocks for the pillars. I was thinking of either replacing them with fence or removing them all together and just have a floating bar for the vines to grow down from.

If I wanted to make extra sure no one destroys the starter vines I could build a cap like box over them and down a few blocks.
    Merek_Shadower and 607 like this.
  16. That makes sense, thanks for the picture example!
    Yes, I think this would be a good addition! :)
    Merek_Shadower and Kytula like this.
  17. If someone really wanted vines or just wanted the be mean, something tells me prancer is going to be a culprit if you see those starter vines sheared :p

+1 tho
    607 and Kytula like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.