[Suggestion] Villagers that keep trades after eggification (denied)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JDHallows, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There have been multiple occasions when I wish I could take my villagers and move them, or give them to somebody. However, currently the villager moving SS service only works across reses with the same account owner. Thus, there isn't an effective way to move villagers from one res to another. We can't set up a minecart system across town, and we definitely can't move them through a water system from smp1 to smp9.

Thus, I had the idea earlier today to create a way to eggify villagers, and then when they are respawned they maintain their trades. These villager eggs would be given the 'enchanted' effect, so they can be distinguished from regular villager eggs. This of course would not be a free feature, and might cost 10k rupees (the same cost of the SS service). Also, this could potentially be a supporter only feature.

Let me know what you think in the comments section below :)

Edit: I know the biggest issue with this suggestion is if it is even possible to access this data and store it. To be honest, I have no idea, I have not looked into it at all (it's almost 3am, not really in a position to do too much technical research ;)). My mind is saying: "The data has to be stored somewhere, therefore it can be accessed. Whether or not it is understandable or easy to access is another story."
    EvilBlo, MeddlesomeFoxy, Tah2 and 9 others like this.
  2. +1

Sounds like an interesting idea. It should definitely be possible to access this data and then store it, I added a small proof of concept (MCEdit). Maybe this could be an "eggification enhancement", so for the price of a few tokens you can enable this which gets you these "enhanced villager eggs" which basically means so much that the egg (re)spawns the villager with all the specific properties.

To an extend this is already happening. After all: when you eggify a renamed mob then it keeps its name. So why not extend that to include more properties ;)

3. Oh man I would love this. Would make moving them sooo much easier.
  4. I like the idea and maybe a more manual approach would be when egging a villager it asks you whether you want to save the stats or not. Kind of like how you get asked for /dispose... At the point in which you click yes your account will be deducted 10k rupees. Like JD said the eggs then themselves could be shiny to distinguish them from regular villager eggs.
    Now I get that people eggify a lot of villager eggs. So to make it more efficient on them, there could be something in the /ps settings. Something to allow the user to either be asked each time they eggify a villager about keeping stats or to not be asked.
    I like the idea JD +1 from me.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. I see this working +1
  6. I'd really like to see this happen! Maybe only have the 'visible/unlocked' trades get saved, to keep people from exploiting the system to skip ahead and see whether the just-spawned baby villager has the trades they need. Of course, this could also be handled via cost-per-egging, and maybe it isn't even an issue (do the baby villagers have that sort of data written to them when they're 'born'?). Just tossing in my 2ยข

+1
  7. The type of villager and trades are determined once grown I believe.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. The type of villager is determined at spawn, at least to a certain extent (visible by their jacket color). Just not sure when their trades are determined, or if they are randomized when they are unlocked.
  9. So I'll be the one descending voice on this as to keep things fair to newer players I -1 this idea.

While I get it and I have had some trades I'd like to keep, the idea that say trades available years ago are retained create a bit of an issue for other players who can't get that. From an economic stand point its got a cool side benefit of making specific villagers valuable, but that has it's ups and downs.
  10. +1 I like this idea :)
  11. Would be neat as a feature or maybe a promo. +1
    Gilixnup likes this.
  12. +1

Maybe we can get rid of the service altogether and have a special stick for this, too.
  13. I imagine this is a pain to keep stats. If this is possible, it would be a great addition towards our chocolate flavor ice cream server. I will give it a +1 :)
  14. I will +1 as well. It would be a great feature, if possible. I'v got a nice librarian villager on another residence, who has been all alone for ages there. I'm sure, he would be so happy to join the others of their kind, for a noise making party.
    Tah2 likes this.
  15. It is possible. The tough part is figuring out the best way to implement.
    For example. We could make all villagers eggify that way, keeping trades/what-not similar to horses. We probably would want to throw lore on the egged item as well describing the trades it had. Would not be an extensive list.

With that being said, I have to deny the suggestion. If our policies surrounding villager trading/selling change - this decision may be re-evaluated.
    mjnoe70 and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.