[Suggestion] Vault Lottery

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Biscuitboy, Sep 13, 2012.

?

How many times a day do you use /vault

Poll closed Sep 20, 2012.
1-2 19 vote(s) 44.2%
3-5 6 vote(s) 14.0%
5-10 6 vote(s) 14.0%
11-20 5 vote(s) 11.6%
21+ 7 vote(s) 16.3%
  1. Yes I realize that..... if you read the rest of my sentence, I went on to qualify my statement by saying that it it charged when you open the vault to put stuff in, and again when you open the vault to get your stuff out....therefore 20r total!!!
  2. No, they go poof.

The tax for the new shop system is percentage based as listed in the original shop update thread. The others will remain secret for now.
    krysyyjane9191 and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. You don't want mr. bear? Okay:
    How about no_2.JPG
    RED_Spy1 likes this.
  4. I'm not selling though I am trying to transport goods to and from my various lots.
  5. /vault is the wrong way to go about this idea, since we do require money sinks, but this brings another idea to my attention.. An actual EMC lottery. I'll throw this Aikar's way, and see what he thinks, because yes, we do need money sinks, but a lottery would be an interesting idea.

Icecream often says "Good ideas often come from other ideas that won't work, simply because someone said it." :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  6. Actually thats not correct.

There will be a tax on sellers, but this tax is extremely tiny... We're talking 1-2 rupees for most transactions here. Right now we have over 200 million rupees in circulation... There is not enough drain on the economy and inflation will bite us eventually.

The idea here is to create some drain. Modernize our shop system and add "Fees" (lets avoid that word tax...)

For example, if you sell an item for 100 rupees, and the fee is 3%, then the seller gets 97 rupees.

But if the price is 10 rupees, that's less than 1 rupee so no fee!, 20 rupees will be .6 so we would round up to 1, so 19 rupees returned.

This will not be a major burden to shop owners, but it will create a more constant rate of currency removal.

--------------
    as for the OP, I don't see us adding this. Adding rupees into the economy isn't always a bad thing, we want to hold competitions and such, but specifically targetting the /vault fees as the source of the prize would just be silly to try to track lol

Best to just add more sinks as we already have planned, and then do our competitions and let the system balance itself out with the shop fees.
    _Stads_, jkjkjk182 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  7. Ahh I see, I remembered ready something about it ages ago. Then I heard some other talk about it and my knowledge had become wraped... Thanks for making this clear, I can't see how this is a bad thing although sellers may lower their prices on many items to avoid the tax... Other than that it sounds great! This would stop shop owners from over-charging lol :D