[suggestion] Unban everyone annual

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BrickStrike, Oct 20, 2013.

?

Considerable?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2013.
It needs some improvment (please reply on thread) 8 vote(s) 11.0%
Yes. 13 vote(s) 17.8%
No, i don't think it should be even considered. 52 vote(s) 71.2%
  1. image.jpg
    Thanks,for that...
    607 likes this.
  2. Quite a few, to give you an exact number would require more time then im willing to put into
  3. We have the appeal system for that, to determine whether they have learned.
    Without it, we have no way of knowing if they learned their lesson, or even if they care about EMC at all.
    Appealing also shows they they actually want to get back onto EMC
    cddm95ace and NetherWorld666 like this.
  4. Hmm perhaps if a friend of the person banned could testify for them to be unbanned in the annual event if it were to happen? It'd save the trouble of worrying about people like submissive sheep and rob, even though they did have friends here. Each one would have to be 'reviewed' so to speak. I guess it could also be, if one person testifies for another player, they can't testify for anyone else.
  5. I see where everyone is coming from with this now
    The fact that if they wanted to come back they'd appeal
    And they have one chance and if they blow it, then they might never come back
  6. I don't like this idea, sure I kind of believe in 2nd chances, but people are banned for reasons at the end of the day. I just cannot see many old banned players coming back either, they've probably forgotten about EMC a long time ago. I personally think it would just cause a lot of trouble and this would be a lot of work for the staff, which is unfair on them. Also, like people have said, most people that get unbanned still break rules when they come back and letting them all back at once is not a good idea, this will deter new players if they've been griefed or they've been told to f off.
  7. What about alts?
    Or family members?
    If I was banned, I have 3 family memebrs that I could ask to testify for me
  8. Maybe give the spammers and such second chance but not griefers.
  9. If it were alts, and they tried to testify, they'd be mostly likely banned entirely...
    For family members... well, adults shouldn't need them to appeal, and I understand that it would be considered smart to have them do that, however it would be very awkward going up to my mom saying "I need you to write a essay on this forum for why I should be allowed back in, thanks bye."
  10. I mean, brothers and sisters
  11. Erm... orphans? Only childs? Siblings that are in college?
    If anything I think neighbor hood friends would appeal it for you :p
  12. What I'm trying to say is that if it was your friend it would be easy to just tell them to lie about the whole situation
    If you ask a friend, then obviously they would say good things about you to get you unbanned
  13. I think this sums up the whole issue.
    The appeal system churns out the average griefer and scammer, and puts only those who truly want to be on EMC back in. OK, that's not entirely true, most of the people may still return to unscrupulous workings, but, in general, we get back the players who really want to play.
    By easing this system, its more likely that a larger amount of unbanned players will continue their methods.
    RainbowChin and AliceF3 like this.
  14. I think this is a bad idea. Greifing is what most people are banned for, and we should not unban people just so every year they can have something like a greif party. No.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  15. I see this thread. >.>
    No - players can appeal their ban on the forums.

There are a lot more players out there, than who we have banned.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  16. No.

Would cause too many problems, most of them have forgotten about EMC a very long time ago, and if a new player is told to 'get off the f'ing server u n00b' it would probably deter them. Unless they're into that kinda thing. I doubt it.
  17. This is not a good idea in my opinion
  18. I say no, they already get a second chance, and if they don't take it, they must not really want it.
  19. I don't think players should be annually unbanned ... but I do believe the 'all or nothing concept' was a very bad installation ...

1 kid curses in chat, a mod decides to ban him... he appeals... bam all his stuff is gone. (severe: 1 out of 10)
    1 person steals from a base... he appeals... bam all his stuff is gone (severe: 5 out of 10)
    1 player sends others a link to a resource pack that is actually a key logger ... (severe: 9 out of 10)

---
    True some people do more severe things than other people ... but the way I see it, unless you have a severity level of a 6-10 ... you don't deserve a purge.

You could have the best person in the world playing on emc, then they have a bad day or off day and forget the rules for a split second, they are caught doing something minor.... and banned ... welp that doesn't matter - because of this purge system - you will have everything that you worked for deleted anyways.

Considering almost half of players are banned at one point ... and only a fraction of those bans are bad offenses ... the amount of players wanting to stay and play emc are dropping rapidly because they got their stuff wrongly reset or because their friends are leaving... and this is causing emc to have to come up with desperate add-ons and updates to keep players interested in staying...

All-in-all ... there needs to be a new ban system.
  20. You only get a permaban if what you do is seriously bad, or you're a repeat offender. Temp bans =/= purge.