[Suggestion] Un-Nerf TNT

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mob_Meal, Dec 14, 2016.

1. NuclearBobomb! You ARE a Nuke! I don't think you'll need TNT! :eek:;)
    NuclearBobomb likes this.

2. Um, he did... there are quite some of his posts across the thread. Did you not even skim it?
  3. I've been involved in a situation where the person did get banned for something similar. They did it intentionally, though.
  4. preventing chaining does not prevent people from exploding large areas with tnt, this is a non sequitur if a person wants to explode the frontier they will. i still do when clearing out the area around my wither farm, just takes 100 times as long. if you are going to allow people to chain anywhere for the sense of ease town, waste, or anywhere it needs to be allowed everywhere. i cant beleive this is still even being discussed honestly tnt does not make the frontier not pristine, the area around outposts are wasted and its entirely not from tnt since you cant explode tnt within a certain radius of the spawns thats from strip mining.

so sayign tnt would change the face of the frontier is nonsense.

it needs to go back to vanilla mechanics now that we have anti-grief
    607 likes this.
  5. Nonsense
  6. try using tnt near the outposts. case closed.

thats strip mining, which people still do

tnt nerfs are pointless now
  7. Are you saying if you just wanted to rip up a bunch of land or just make a big hole it wouldn't be easier to do that if you could chain tnt? You're not supposed to do that in the frontier anyway. Case closed. Unless of course you are wanting to rip up a bunch of the frontier bitemenow15. Is there something you want to tell us?
  8. I'm planning to rip a big hole in the frontier! I will continue to do it with or without TNT chaining. But it will look nice when I'm finished. It is for my main base and it's how I choose for it to look. As I have stated before, I'll be removing (one way or another) roughly 5.5 million blocks. TNT chaining will just break up the monotony for me.
    607 likes this.
  9. You're a good guy. I wish everyone was like you.
    LtCaptainMe likes this.
  10. no you are using false equivalence
    the frontiers are ripped up around spawns and it is most definitely not from tnt.
    and since the frontier is for building and not mining, clearing space is a form of building, tnt does not mine for you nor is it a cost efficient way to mine.

i do want to rip up a bunch of the frontier, so i can build in that space, you know like the frontier is made for? TO BUILD.

you cant both say that the frontier is for building and then in the same sentence state that someones form of building does not belong in the frontier.

your argument makes no sense
  11. according to godofgods
    this isnt allowed in the frontier:

and yet, i used no tnt to do this, just beacons and a voters pick, its more time consuming but waaaay cheaper. a griefer would grief this way instead of wasting time planting and lighting tnt and possibly sending himself flying into lava to die.

thus tnt belongs vanilla in the frontier just as much as a voters pick does
  12. I think it makes sense to me but I'm not the expert you are.

But apparently our beloved leader feels like it makes sense too. I guess your argument might be with him.
  13. He is stating an opinion, you however are making an argument, which is what i am countering
    Also you are cherrypicking his quote, yet another logical fallacy he said adding it back was discussed and then gave the possibility of selectivity. Hence the purpose of this thread.
    You really should look up fallacies, you use them alot
  14. It only makes sense to you because you either dont understand what false equivalence is or didnt read the two paragraphs between the sentences you posted.
    So ill help:
    False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency.
    You posed that the area around outposts look like poop because of tnt, you cannot use tnt near outposts. So how does that makes sense.
    Are you perhaps delusional?
  15. Dude, I never posed that. I never even mentioned the area around the outpost. Or said they look like poop because of tnt. And for the record I don't think that is why they look like poop. As far as insulting me because I don't agree with you, I don't think that is a great way of displaying your superior intelligence, do you?
  16. calling someone out for making false claims if far removed from an insult.
    if you follow the course of the posts you and i made chronologically yes you did make those claims.
    i have provided them all in order for convenience
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. Ok, there is apparently some confusion. Yes the areas around spawns are torn up not by tnt, I will say again. But the spawn is not all of the frontier. Maybe when you were speaking of the frontier you were speaking only of the area around spawn but that is not apparent from what you said. I am referring to other areas of the frontier and the potential for more damage due to the ability to chain. And I believe that chaining should not be allowed in the frontier because of those areas. Do you understand what I'm saying? You might disagree but does that make it necessary to call me delusional? But that's kinda how you operate when someone doesn't agree with you isn't it?
  18. i never directly called you anything i asked if you were perhaps. which would make sense where you were indirectly talkign about based on the things you quoted from me, tnt destroying the areas around spawn. since tnt cannot destroy the areas around spawn it then follows that someone would have to be delusional to make the false claim that that were the case. additionally i think i made it quite clear i was refering to the areas surrounding spawn, i mention them multiple times. elsewhere there is very little evidence of equivalent massive destruction as there is around the spawns. and the further out you go the even less likely that someone did it to grief or for fun and the MORE likely that someone did it specifically for a build.

so, if you want to talk about destroyed areas please show conclusive evidence that there is significant land (OUTSIDE OF THE AREAS YOU CANNOT EXPLODE TNT) that has been affected specifically by tnt chaining and not people making dirt towers or strip mining. otherwise again, the only areas that arent kept in some way pristine, are the reset zone in which you cant use tnt anyways.

the ad hominem attack you are accusing me of was formulaically introduced as a way of telling you the claim you seemed to be making had no basis, and that for one to make such a claim is by its very nature absurd.

the same way if i showed you conclusive evidence that the sky was an optical illusion, but also blue, then i showed you a picture of the blue sky. and then you stated that the sky was green. one could then say are you delusional? this statement about the sky's colour simply isnt true based off the previously mentioned evidence. there must be some underlying reason that person is unwilling to accept facts.

so back to the matter at hand. there is no real evidence that chaining tnt would be any worse then noobs running out and making giant dirt and starter wood towers then leaving forever. or the people that still to this day go out to deserts and strip mine them for sand. destruction has its place in minecraft, its a vanilla feature. with grief protection there should be no worry of structures being harmed and thus:

tnt chaining belongs back in the wild