[Suggestion] Tokens into rupees ??

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Bonditt, Feb 21, 2018.

1. I think we should make a system that we make that we can sell our tokens back into emc for money or promos? Like 10k tokens for 100kr?

Give me you’re thoughts
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. YAS. May the fadeds agree wit yous.

+10
    CallumDAKing likes this.
  3. Okay---I would LOVE this, but that's not going to get accepted at that rate, and I don't feel it will be accepted anyway as it is. A 1/10 token to rupee means, if you get 3000 tokens from voting, you get 30000 rupees. And that's a LOT. Like, that's putting a /tbuy Avalauncher at 100kr. That rate is too OP!

Also, I do feel tokens should do more, but I don't feel that you should be able to turn them into rupees. They're a separate currency, and it's not like you can get large scale tokens easily. The scarcity of tokens... There's already very little, and this would just kind of ruin tokens, and no one would use them for anything else besides getting rupees, and that's not why tokens were made. I would support a use for them, but probably not this.

-1? :( I'm sorry to do this. I love you all. xD But if this does get through (and I doubt it will) I would love to cash in my tokens for a few dozens of thousands of rupees.
    607 likes this.
  4. This has been suggested and denied multiple times in the past.
    607 likes this.
  5. Anything is possible, Kim Possible
  6. I think this would be cool but I have to say -1
    FadedMartian and q1zx like this.
  7. Why -1?
  8. Callum, it's a nifty idea but Tokens are meant for other things. Things that have yet to be fully developed like Empires, Dragon Tombs and perhaps one day instant max res addition.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  9. But it will be a few centuries before any of that happens. ;)
  10. That would kind make tokens not special anymore, since people will start to see them as rupees.
    There are already occasional promos (well, the avalauncher) and the biome-change that use tokens. There will be more uses for tokens after empires come out. But to be able to convert them into rupees would make the whole point of having a secondary balance for tokens useless.

However, I do agree that there could maybe be released some more token-bought promo's :)
    Patr1cV likes this.
  11. As others have mentioned if you could just turn tokens into rupees then there really wouldn't be a need for tokens. Yes their use is limited now but that could change at any time. Tokens only promos would be cool.
  12. -1

Tokens are ment to be a different currency. Transferring them to rupee's would make that become more of a value for items that come and items now such as Avalauncher and all.
    607 likes this.
  13. Perhaps but then that is just another form of turning tokens into rupees. If the day ever came that tokens could be used to purchase a token only promo. It would need to be so the promo can only be purchased once per account during it's limited release time. So it could be discouraged in making a business out of token promo exchanges since older members or members who regularly fight bosses would have a greater chance to purchase multiple to sell.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  14. +0
    Anything I could say on this has already been said
    It's got good and bad sides that are both really valid, so I can't see this happening
    FadedMartian likes this.
  15. Just another reason to get out there and fight then :p Sure it would be a temp way to turn the tokens into rupees but how many people have enough to do that? Plus the original avalaunchers still hold value since not many could pay the large amount needed to buy one. If you could just turn all tokens straight into cash, future token promos wouldn't hold the same value.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  16. Those avalaunchers only hold value cause they have a date on them.
  17. Tokens are a big flop.
  18. I know this is just an example, but if this rate would be accepted, I could suddenly have more than 10 million rupees extra... :p
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  19. Just think of the auctions you could win :D
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  20. Most arguments have been given already... but this goes so directly against Aikar's (initial) vision, that I doubt it'll even really be considered, while he's the lead programmer. And I think that's good.