[Suggestion] Token rewards other than mob killing.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by SkareCboi, Dec 15, 2015.

1. So then you should also get tokens for crafting things as "craft" is also in the name and is a basic fundamental aspect of the game. You can't survive very long without crafting something.
    Mr_Zulus likes this.
  2. I know you love voting, but you really overestimate it. Voting isn't likely to get you any significant amount of tokens quickly. With voting alone you get probably 80,000 tokens a year, so it'd take over a year to claim any land. That's a long time...

(±100,000 tokens)
  3. So, if you have 4 people in your outpost, thats 3-4 months of voting while building your outpost together... Thats enough time to make something HQ worthy and to add additional outpost protection before people start going derelict. Not saying it's easy, but it's not that bad if you've got friends.
    MmarkM and ShelLuser like this.
  4. I don't know about you, but if I join a server and am asked to pledge loyalty for 3-4 months before getting land claiming, I'd peace out ASAP lol
  5. but how do i make friends is the question

But that also means that all of you vote every day and donate 100% of your earnings to the outpost... not bad, but also probably not that likely.
  6. How about three years of loyalty? ;)
    cadgamer101 and FoxyRavenger like this.
  7. Guys, guys, by the time this is released, I'm sure you'll have enough tokens. ;)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. I'm down ;)
  9. Aikar, just to be clear, you are planning on having a teleport FROM Town TO HQ in Frontier right? We can all close up the nether rails once we have an HQ?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  10. If you can't make friends, you can buy them with the money you earn from voting.

Thats 100% of your token earnings, how many times do you need to change biomes? If it's that often, you probably don't spend much time in the frontier anyways.
  11. Your land is claimed, your friends group is setup and your placed blocks are already fully protected at that point. Outpost is just a further upgrade that helps with shared storage and teleporting.
  12. But if I spend the tokens on friends I won't have any tokens left for claiming land... :( Sounds like Cookie Clicker. You can buy more grandmas to make you cookies but you'll waste all your cookies doing that.
  13. I believe what he's getting at is that some people might keep some of their tokens for the features Aikat says he'll release in the future. To add onto that, not 100% of each member's tokens will go towards one outpost. Some members are part of several outposts.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. And that ^

Yeah, mainly that.
    Rhythmicaly likes this.
  15. I meant that you can buy tokens from "friends" with your rupees if you want to speed things up.

Do you have a really good suggestion for how people "earn" an outpost, or would you just like to see this advanced feature be free to all people on the contribution team?
  16. Of course land claiming should be free for us! And while we're at it, all Contributors should get free gold supporter while they are active, and for three months after they resign. All new wiki pages created should get 10,000r and all blog posts should get a minimum of 50,000r.
    -
    -
    -
    Where'd you get the idea that I wanted free land claiming from?
  17. It just sounded like spending any rupees or any tokens was out of the question :) What is an amount that works in your budget? Whats your suggestion?
  18. I don't think that's his point, it's that you automatically assumed he wanted it for his own benefit.
    PenguinDJ and kevmeup like this.
  19. We were actually just discussing the viability of voting to earn an outpost upgrade. I didn't see the earlier suggestion on mining rewards, which was cool. Of course, if you really followed along, you could tell I assumed he wanted to benefit financially so he could afford to buy more grandmas and cookies.
    Cookies are good and grandmas are just a good investment.