[Suggestion] Timer next to potions iocon (Denied)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Merek_Shadower, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Do you think this would be useful?

Yes 5 vote(s) 71.4%
No 2 vote(s) 28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staff Edit: Suggestion Denied. Use a client mod to accomplish this please.

My thought is when using say fire resist 8 mins or worse even less time. I find myself constantly stopping work to check the time wasting my potion time. To be more specific I use water breathing for gravel. Any potion would make this so beneficial. Speed, night vision, strength, Regen....You get the idea.

Not sure if this is feasible but boy would it ever be handy to just look at your icon on screen an know how much time you have left. I do get lava from the bottom up and that gets dangerous.

I did try to search this before I posted and came up with nothing, so if this has been suggested before I did try to look it up and I'm sorry.

What are your thoughts emc?
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  2. I would like this, but I think it would have to be done through a client mod. Maybe someone knows of one already?
  3. Not sure what your link has to do with my suggestion. I see some correlation but that isn't what I'm suggesting for emc. I do understand it's easy to hit a button open up your inventory, look at time and close. My suggestion is to make it easier to read time and it can be coded.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  4. I think he's saying that there's already a mod for this that is considered to be legal on EMC
    BlitzAttack and JesusPower2 like this.
  5. My suggestion is so that is NOT mod needed. Some players don't know how to get mods or are restricted in downloads. I saw and read the link which is why I replied the way I did. I do agree it can be modded... My point was to make it available without.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  6. What Runder shared is exactly what JP suggested. Changing the HUD (head up display, which consists of the things that show up on your screen while playing minecraft, like the potion icons, your hotbar, health and food, etc) is not possible from the server side, only on the client side.

This means that you would have to install a mod like the one Runder suggested to do what it is that you are wanting to do. Plus, there are tons of mods like the one Runder suggested, a few of which have already been approved for use on EMC. I use a similar mod called BetterHUD, another one approved for EMC. You can see a list of these at approvedmods.emc.gs under the HUD and map section.
  7. I'm sorry, the question about client mods was my fault.

I think here, we're looking for a way without client mods. It it couldn't be an always updating time, would you be happy with a 60s alert notification or something like that? Or does it have to be more prominent to be useful to you?
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  8. Honestly any kind of ticker by the Icon would be so helpful if I read your post right, and yes, this is exactly my suggestion.
  9. I don't understand why people don't use mods more. They provide the very thing you are asking for without taking up time that EMC's devs could use to make real improvements. And implementing something like that then means maintaining it.

A lot of people might find this useful but the solution is not as elegant as the one provided by Xaero, a well-known and respected member of the minecraft modding community. I believe JP means just a popup alert at 1 minute left, the ticker you are looking for can only be done with mods. In addition, it would work well for the 8 minute length potions but hardly useful for the shorter effect potions.

Here is a tutorial on installing mods. It's designed for first timers and although it was made for the old launcher it is is still very similar.

If you are already installing Optifine (absolutely everyone should to make their MC run faster) then you are already modding, best thing is to learn a little about mods and it will enhance your minecraft experience.

Click here for info on Using Mods on the Empire.
    Sazukemono likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.