[Suggestion] The Butcher

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by charlie_boi, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Like/Dislike

Like 19 vote(s) 95.0%
Dislike 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Needs some work(Specify) 2 vote(s) 10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I already submitted a suggestion form for this, just posting this for feedback/thoughts on it!

Had an idea for a possible mini-boss last night so I made a test version of it. Here's what I ended up with!

The Butcher is a Vindicator mob who wields the Headchopper Axe(can be viewed at the end of the video) and carries a Totem of Undying. He can summon Vengeful Spirits to aid him and also to heal him. Upon dying his totem will activate and restore him to 50% of his health.(This is a vanilla mechanic for mobs. However, I changed his totem to restore 50% of his hitpoints instead of restoring him to 1/2 heart.)

Abilities:
    • Summon Spirit:
      • The Butcher will summon Vengeful Spirits to assist him in butchering you.
      • He starts off summoning a single spirit occasionally, as his hitpoints diminish he will start summoning 2 or even 3 spirits at a time.
    • Spirit Absorption:
      • The Butcher will absorb the life force of any Vengeful Spirits that come near him, reducing their hitpoints while increasing his own.
    • Spirit Pull:
      • The Butcher will occasionally pull all of his summoned spirits to him, usually resulting in a substantial amount of hitpoints being recovered.
    • Totem Revival:
      • Upon taking a fatal hit The Butcher's Totem of Undying will be consumed and he will recover 50% of his hitpoints
    Vengeful Spirit Abilities:

• Spirit Bond:
      • Rarely the Vengeful Spirit will charge you and die upon contact. The remainder of it's hitpoints will be dealt as armor-piercing damage.
    Notes:

• The Butcher is immune to all damage types except - Fire(95% resistant), Thorns Enchantment(50% Resistant), Arrows(50% resistant), Melee(no resistance), Potion of Harming/tipped arrow(80% resistant)
    • Vengeful Spirits have no immunities, but have 50% resistance to melee attacks and arrows.
    • The Vengeful Spirits have very low hitpoints, this is to prevent there from being too many at a time and also to prevent The Butcher from healing himself too rapidly.
    FunWart, IEmeraldIsle, 607 and 9 others like this.
  2. This is so awesome! Could you please tell me what armor you were wearing and what weapons you were using?
    +1234
  3. It was a standard set of god armor & bow/sword. Nothing non-vanilla. This would be difficult to do with voters armor but a voters sword/bow would probably suffice, it would be a long battle though.
  4. +9001.

We need more minibosses.
  5. I agree :p
    Equinox_Boss and NuclearBobomb like this.
  6. I like new things. ++++
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. This is such a great idea!!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. This is pretty cool. I like it!
    Rimont and ApPl3ZZ like this.
  9. Sounds like a very interesting idea!

Be sure to use the official application though, that's the best way to make sure your idea gets spotted: http://emc.gs/suggestmob
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Wow this is amazing!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I already had. :) I just posted this for feedback.
    Even if this mob isn't accepted as a suggestion, if people enjoy it then I'll create/suggest more until some are. ;)
    607 likes this.
  12. That is pretty cool. How did you make it?
    607 likes this.
  13. This is a great idea. +1
  14. That seems really cool!
    Well done! :)
  15. This is probably the best mob suggestion I've seen and also the first one I can actually see in game. Nice job!
    607, BenMA and Kytula like this.
  16. Great mini boss. +1233 Hiw did u make it
  17. Fantastic Mini Boss! :D
  18. A server plugin was used to make it.
    I have limited coding skills so making it with a pre-existing plugin was much less time consuming than me having to hunt down bugs for hours should I have written everything myself.(Although there were still a lot of bugs to kill. >.<)

The demonstration was really just so everyone could see and feel what the mob would be like instead of just reading a wall of text. :)
    607 and jkrmnj like this.
  19. i need to make these threads :p also great suggestion :D 1 thing i do not like is the standard set of god armor and having it regain a lot of health when I started I had a momentus and I was really scared. I died so many times I contemplated quitting. Think of a new player in iron gear and a iron sword does it seem possible to kill? or at least not near impossible with out a op dia sword
  20. I would never expect a new player to be able to kill any of EMC's bosses except on lower difficulties. At the end of the video you see that my difficulty was set to 3. My test environment has a much different rating system than EMC's, if I had to put a guess I'd say that my 3 would be a 6 or 7 on EMC.

While I was testing it I lowered my difficulty to 1, it's strength was 7(3 1/2 hearts per hit with no armor - The strength of a vanilla Enderman on normal mode) and it's hitpoints were 100(50 hearts - the same as a vanilla iron golem)
    607 likes this.