[Suggestion] Temporary Lighting Issues Fix

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by cTJx, Jul 27, 2020.

1. The lighting issues have been around for a while now, and they're a bit frustrating, especially when you are in a place where it is inconvenient/you are unable to teleport. The only way to fix this is to relog, hence why I am suggesting this command.

/lightingfix (or some other name) teleports you exactly to the position you are standing. It can help fix any lighting issues you may have.

I am sure the devs are working to fix this issue; it is only a temporary solution. Please let me know your feedback, thanks.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  2. -1 --- I'm trying to understand what this is supposed to do.

I know lighting issues happen because of teleporting, but... using a command to... I guess, teleport you to where your current location is. Isn't that the same as you never leaving where you currently are? This part is quite confusing.

--- The lighting issues seems to happen for some, but not others, because you are loading and unloading chunks that are new to you, as it's client-side. If you found a major server-side lighting issue, then I totally understand what you are trying to accomplish, but at the same time, those chunks would have to be unloaded by everyone in the vicinity. I haven't seen many server-side lighting issues lately, and the ones I have seen were quite minimal.

Alternatively, if you experience client-side lighting issues, try F3 + T, that's worked wonders for me. :)
    cTJx likes this.
  3. I personally don't understand your post.
    No, as the issues have to do with when you teleport. If doing /v 4567 teleports you to 4567 with the lighting glitch, repeating /v 4567 again would teleport you to 4567 without it.
    Indeed, it is client-side. But that doesn't change the fact that it happens to everyone.
    If you don't experience this lighting glitch, it's because you have shaders/resource pack/mods that cause you personally not to have them, or because they're just so frequent that you've become accustomed to them (as I have).
    F3 + T does not work with the lighting issues OP specifies, and that we've all had issues with.
  4. Thank you for your feedback! As WaffleCoffee mentioned, F3+T does not seem to work. Perhaps it works for you, though. I’ve found that teleporting again is the easiest fix, but sometimes, teleportation is inaccessible or inconvenient. This command could be used anywhere and would teleport you to the same spot you are in, and the lighting issues would be fixed.

If I remember correctly, Chickeneer did something similar to this with a tpsign at the PPP. When players clicked it they were teleported pretty much exactly to where they were standing. This is just a command version of the sign.
    HazardousCode and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  5. +0

I'm glad that I have been informed on this issue by a couple people. I changed my support for this, mainly since 1.16 development is more important than worrying about an issue in 1.15. :)
    Bunjimon348 and cTJx like this.
  6. +1

I personally don't care about the lighting issues (and don't have it often), but this might be as easy as a shortcut for "/tp [player] ~ ~ ~". :)
    cTJx likes this.
  7. +0.5

I don’t think it’s practical long-term, but it’s simple enough.